Texas Department of Agriculture (TDA)
11/01/17 5:00 PM CT Postmarked or electronic submission
Grants to Texas nonprofit organizations and government agencies providing home-delivered meal services to homebound individuals, including the elderly (age 60 and older) and individuals with disabilities. Applications are invited from existing programs in need of supplemented or extended funding.
GrantWatch ID#: 137903
The anticipated project start date is February 1, 2017. The project end date is January 31, 2018.
To be eligible for HDM funds, an applying organization must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a governmental agency or a nonprofit private organization that is exempt from taxation under Section 501(a), Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as an organization described in Section 501(c)(3) of that code, that is a direct provider of home-delivered meals to the elderly or persons with disabilities in this state;
- If a nonprofit private organization, must have a volunteer board of directors;
- Must implement and enforce nondiscrimination practices;
- Must have an accounting system or fiscal agent approved by the county in which it provides meals;
- Must have a system to prevent the duplication of services to the organization’s clients;
- Must agree to use funds received under this section only to supplement and extend existing services related directly to home-delivered meal services;
- Must have received a grant from the county in which the organization provides meals; Must submit the grant application using the form provided by TDA;
- Must submit a completed county resolution form, as provided by TDA;
- Must strictly comply with HDM rules adopted by TDA (4 TAC §§1.950 - 1.962); program guidelines and policies; and the HDM grant application and agreement; and
- Must provide current health inspection before grants funds are awarded.
Applicants should note that congregate meals are not eligible for reimbursement under HDM. A congregate meal is a meal served in a group setting, not at an eligible person’s personal home.
Application Availability: July 2017
TDA to Begin Accepting Applications: September 1, 2017
Application Deadline: November 1, 2017
Announcement of Grant Awards: Late December 2018
Anticipated Start Date of Project: February 1, 2018
End Date of Project: January 31, 2019
Applications may be submitted through the online form (preferred), by email, or mailed. Electronic applications are due by 5:00 PM CT on the deadline date. Hard copy applications must be postmarked by the deadline.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply Online: https://form.jotform.us/71495447016156
Applications may be sent to TDA at either of the following addresses:
By U.S. Mail:
Texas Department of Agriculture
Trade & Business Development - Grants
P.O. Box 12847
Austin, TX 78711
By Overnight or Hand Delivery:
Texas Department of Agriculture
Trade & Business Development- Grants
1700 North Congress, 11th Floor
Austin, Texas 78701
Mary Davison, Grant Specialist
phone: (512) 463-9932
fax: (888) 223-9048