Texas Department of Agriculture (TDA)
11/01/18 - Postmarked or electronic submission by 5:00 PM CT
Grants to Texas nonprofit organizations and government agencies providing home-delivered meal services to homebound individuals, including the elderly (age 60 and older) and individuals with disabilities. Applications are invited from existing programs in need of supplemental or extended funding.
For purposes of this Grant Program, "Homebound" means a person who is unable to leave his or her residence without aid or assistance or whose ability to travel from the residence is substantially impaired; "Elderly" means an individual who is 60 years of age or older; and "Disability" means a physical, mental or developmental impairment, temporarily or permanently limiting an individual’s capacity to adequately perform one or more essential activities of daily living, which include, but are not limited to, personal and health care, moving around, communicating and housekeeping.
GrantWatch ID#: 137903
If a total grant award (combined value of multi-county applications, if applicable) to each provider is less than $200, a grant agreement will not be issued.
The anticipated project start date is February 1, 2019. The project end date is January 31, 2020.
To be eligible for HDM funds, an applying organization must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a governmental agency or a nonprofit private organization that is exempt from taxation under Section 501(a), Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as an organization described in Section 501(c)(3) of that code, that is a direct provider of home-delivered meals to the elderly or persons with disabilities in this state;
- If a nonprofit private organization, must have a volunteer board of directors;
- Must implement and enforce nondiscrimination practices;
- Must have an accounting system or fiscal agent approved by the county in which it provides meals;
- Must have a system to prevent the duplication of services to the organization’s clients;
- Must agree to use funds received under this HDM program only to supplement and extend existing services related directly to home-delivered meal services;
- Must have received a grant from the county in which the organization provides meals;
- Must submit the grant application using the form provided by TDA;
- Must submit a completed county resolution form, as provided by TDA;
- Must strictly comply with HDM rules adopted by TDA (4 TAC §§1.950 - 1.962); program guidelines and policies; and the HDM grant application and agreement; and
- Must provide current health inspection before grants funds are awarded.
Applicants should note that congregate meals are not eligible for reimbursement under HDM. A congregate meal is a meal served in a group setting, not at an eligible person’s personal home.
If using the online format, the submittal must be received by TDA before close of business (5:00 p.m. CT) on Thursday, November 1, 2018.
The application packet, including the signed application, completed county resolution form and all other required backup documents must be postmarked by Thursday, November 1, 2018.
Application Availability: July 2018
TDA to Begin Accepting Applications: September 1, 2018
Application Deadline: November 1, 2018
Announcement of Grant Awards: Late December 2018
Anticipated Start Date of Project: February 1, 2019
End Date of Project: January 31, 2020
TDA will distribute funds after applications are processed and grant agreements have been fully executed. In the event that the amount of qualifying grants exceeds the amount of funds available, funds may be distributed on a pro rata basis.
Fifty percent (50%) of any grant awarded shall be distributed on or before February 1 or as soon as administratively possible. The remaining fifty percent (50%) of the grant award shall be distributed to each Grantee on or before August 1 or as soon as administratively possible.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Email applications to Grants@TexasAgriculture.gov
Apply Online: https://form.jotform.com/71495447016156
Applications may be sent to TDA at either of the following addresses:
By U.S. Mail:
Texas Department of Agriculture
Trade & Business Development - Grants
P.O. Box 12847
Austin, TX 78711
By Overnight or Hand Delivery:
Texas Department of Agriculture
Trade & Business Development- Grants
1700 North Congress, 11th Floor
Austin, Texas 78701
Crystal Ortegon, Grant Specialist
phone: (512) 463-9932
fax: (888) 223-9048
phone: (512) 463-4406