Charles County Government
01/17/14 4:00 PM
Grants starting at $2,500 to local Maryland non-profit and governmental agencies that provide important and needed services to Charles County residents. These grants are specifically intended to support projects and programs addressing rural poverty within the County by focusing on the areas of: health, housing, education, employment, and transportation.
The Department's specific objectives for each of its focus areas are outlined as follows:
- To increase knowledge of, and access to, healthcare resources and availability in an effort to empower participants to be more active at home and within their community.
- To eliminate public health concerns by providing access to indoor plumbing.
- To create sustainable, safe, and stable housing with adequate water and plumbing.
- To improve literacy skills, provide workforce training, and access to higher education in order to obtain gainful employment, and manage daily family functions, and assist their children to succeed in school.
- To eliminate as many barriers to employment as possible so that participants obtain sustainable employment that will serve to support them/their families and bolster their sense of pride.
- To provide regular and safe transportation to ensure that residents are able to meet their basic health, educational, employment, and familial needs on a daily basis.
GrantWatch ID#: 138096
Up to $100,000
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Ms. Kim Bender, Fiscal Specialist
Department of Fiscal Services
Charles County Government
P.O. Box 2150
200 Baltimore Street
La Plata, MD 20646
Fundraising opportunity for USA, Canada, and International nonprofit organizations to host a jazz concert held in honor of their organization or cause. Applicants must contact the funding source prior to applying. In addition to funds raised through concert ticket sales
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations to reduce social inequality and promote solutions to the climate crisis. Eligible programs will address the areas of racial and economic justice, corporate and political accountability; voice, creativity, and culture; and an inclusi
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations to protect natural resources on land and water in locations around the world. Funding is intended to ensure that activities to acquire metals, gemstones, and corals for design use do not have an adverse impact on the area of origin.
Grants of up to $3,000 to USA and Canada nonprofit organizations for projects to protect wildlife and natural habitats. Funding is intended for campaigns to save specific species and ecosystems. Eligible activities include public policy work, litigation, advocacy, and d
Grants to USA and Canada individuals and families with low-income for financial assistance. Types of assistance include financial support to offset emergency expenses or to cover the cost of regular monthly bills. Funding is intended for workers and households that are
Grant of $9,000 to a USA, Canada, or International early-career psychologist for child psychology research projects. The purpose of the program is for research and demonstration projects that foster an understanding of the relationship between self-identity and scholast
Grants of $25,000 to USA nonprofit organizations, government entities, educational institutions, and volunteer fire companies for community benefit projects. Funding is intended to support a wide range of impactful and sustainable initiatives that meet community needs.
Grants to USA, Mexico, and Haiti nonprofits, for-profit organizations, and government entities for programs and services that improve the quality of life for underserved children. Focus areas include working families, equitable communities, and thriving children. The Fu
Donations to USA nonprofit organizations for programming support for arts, pre-K-12 education, and literacy programs across the country. In addition, sponsorship opportunities are provided to USA for-profit and nonprofit organizations focusing on literacy, the arts, a
Grants to Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, DC nonprofit organizations to support activities that strengthen communities and families. Funding is intended to support activities in the focus areas of cultural arts, educational advancement, health, human services, histo