Charles County Government
01/17/14 4:00 PM
Grants starting at $2,500 to local Maryland non-profit and governmental agencies that provide important and needed services to Charles County residents. These grants are specifically intended to support projects and programs addressing rural poverty within the County by focusing on the areas of: health, housing, education, employment, and transportation.
The Department's specific objectives for each of its focus areas are outlined as follows:
- To increase knowledge of, and access to, healthcare resources and availability in an effort to empower participants to be more active at home and within their community.
- To eliminate public health concerns by providing access to indoor plumbing.
- To create sustainable, safe, and stable housing with adequate water and plumbing.
- To improve literacy skills, provide workforce training, and access to higher education in order to obtain gainful employment, and manage daily family functions, and assist their children to succeed in school.
- To eliminate as many barriers to employment as possible so that participants obtain sustainable employment that will serve to support them/their families and bolster their sense of pride.
- To provide regular and safe transportation to ensure that residents are able to meet their basic health, educational, employment, and familial needs on a daily basis.
GrantWatch ID#: 138096
Up to $100,000
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Ms. Kim Bender, Fiscal Specialist
Department of Fiscal Services
Charles County Government
P.O. Box 2150
200 Baltimore Street
La Plata, MD 20646
Grants to USA state agencies to develop and support volunteer programs in local communities. Applicants are advised that required registrations may take up to several weeks to complete. Funding is intended for programs that support, manage, and engage volunteers. Priori
Grants to USA government agencies, educational institutions, nonprofit organizations, faith-based and community organizations, and tribal governments for activities to reduce violent crime in local neighborhoods. Interested applicants are advised that required registra
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations to reduce social inequality and promote solutions to the climate crisis. Eligible programs will address the areas of racial and economic justice, corporate and political accountability; voice, creativity, and culture; and an inclusi
Grants to Maryland nonprofit organizations and government agencies for historic preservation projects. Applicants must submit a preliminary application prior to submitting a full proposal. Funding is intended to support a wide range of planning, survey, research, and ed
Grants of up to $50,000 to researchers affiliated with USA qualified institutions to advance research in the field of pediatric oncology. Applicants must submit a letter of intent prior to submitting a full application. Funding is intended to increase the institution's
Grants to USA and Canada nonprofit charitable organizations to impact public policy in a variety of national and international issues. In previous years, grants have been awarded for general operations and project support to think tanks, national councils, judicial orga
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations to protect natural resources on land and water in locations around the world. Funding is intended to ensure that activities to acquire metals, gemstones, and corals for design use do not have an adverse impact on the area of origin.
Grants of up to $25,000 and grants of up to $50,000 to USA, Canada, and International independent filmmakers for feature-length film projects. Funding is intended to support projects at any production phase from development through post-production. Priority will be give
Grants of up to $3,000 to USA and Canada nonprofit organizations for projects to protect wildlife and natural habitats. Funding is intended for campaigns to save specific species and ecosystems. Eligible activities include public policy work, litigation, advocacy, and d
Grants to USA and territories individuals and non-federal agencies to promote the adoption and development of innovative approaches to conservation in agriculture. Applicants are advised that required registrations may take several weeks to complete. Priority funding ar