Charles County Government
01/17/14 4:00 PM
Grants starting at $2,500 to local Maryland non-profit and governmental agencies that provide important and needed services to Charles County residents. These grants are specifically intended to support projects and programs addressing rural poverty within the County by focusing on the areas of: health, housing, education, employment, and transportation.
The Department's specific objectives for each of its focus areas are outlined as follows:
- To increase knowledge of, and access to, healthcare resources and availability in an effort to empower participants to be more active at home and within their community.
- To eliminate public health concerns by providing access to indoor plumbing.
- To create sustainable, safe, and stable housing with adequate water and plumbing.
- To improve literacy skills, provide workforce training, and access to higher education in order to obtain gainful employment, and manage daily family functions, and assist their children to succeed in school.
- To eliminate as many barriers to employment as possible so that participants obtain sustainable employment that will serve to support them/their families and bolster their sense of pride.
- To provide regular and safe transportation to ensure that residents are able to meet their basic health, educational, employment, and familial needs on a daily basis.
GrantWatch ID#: 138096
Up to $100,000
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Ms. Kim Bender, Fiscal Specialist
Department of Fiscal Services
Charles County Government
P.O. Box 2150
200 Baltimore Street
La Plata, MD 20646
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations to reduce social inequality and promote solutions to the climate crisis. Eligible programs will address the areas of racial and economic justice, corporate and political accountability; voice, creativity, and culture; and an inclusi
Grants to USA and Canada nonprofit charitable organizations to impact public policy in a variety of national and international issues. In previous years, grants have been awarded for general operations and project support to think tanks, national councils, judicial orga
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations to protect natural resources on land and water in locations around the world. Funding is intended to ensure that activities to acquire metals, gemstones, and corals for design use do not have an adverse impact on the area of origin.
Grants to USA and territories community-based organizations, faith-based organizations, tribes, and tribal organizations to provide services to children with special health care needs. Applicants are advised that required registrations may take several weeks to complete
Grants of up to $3,000 to USA and Canada nonprofit organizations for projects to protect wildlife and natural habitats. Funding is intended for campaigns to save specific species and ecosystems. Eligible activities include public policy work, litigation, advocacy, and d
Grants to USA and Canada individuals and families with low-income for financial assistance. Types of assistance include financial support to offset emergency expenses or to cover the cost of regular monthly bills. Funding is intended for workers and households that are
Grants to Maryland nonprofit organizations, government agencies, faith-based organizations, community associations, groups, and IHEs to provide professional development opportunities for young adults related to the environment. The purpose of this program is to promote
Grants to USA and International nonprofit organizations, for-profit entities, and agencies for initiatives to benefit families, children, and communities. Applicants are required to submit an LOI prior to submitting a full proposal. Focus areas include equitable communi
Donations and sponsorships to USA nonprofits that provide programs and services in the areas of arts, PreK-12 education, and literacy. Funding is intended for both organizations with a national focus and organizations that provide local services. For local organizations
Grants to Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, DC nonprofit organizations to support activities that strengthen communities and families. Funding is intended to support activities in the focus areas of cultural arts, educational advancement, health, human services, histo