Arlington Commission for the Arts and Arlington Cultural Affairs Division (CAD)
02/11/19 5:00 PM
Grants of $5,000 to Arlington County, Virginia individual artists to support new and innovative projects. A public preservation component is required. Applicants must to attend a mandatory workshop. This program seeks to support projects that meet the following criteria:
-Increase access to and engagement in the arts
-Foster excellence and diversity of arts and culture in Arlington
-Have significant impact on the community or meet a need in Arlington
-Result in distinctive, high quality and meaningful cultural experiences in Arlington
At least one public presentation or performance that is directly related to the funded project must take place in Arlington during the grant period. The presentation(s) may be artist talks, exhibitions, outreach activities, educational seminars, or other activities as deemed appropriate by the Commission.
GrantWatch ID#: 138104
This grant provides $5,000 in direct financial support.
The grant period for this award is July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020.
To be eligible to receive a FY 2020 Individual Artist Grant, an applicant must:
1. Be a practicing artist who has: a. publicly given, performed or exhibited works at least twice in the past three calendar years, or; b. had written or composed works read or performed at least twice in the past three calendar years;
2. Be a legal resident of Arlington County for at least one year prior to the application deadline;
3. Be seeking funds for a specific project that results in the provision of an artistic product or service that benefits the public; and,
4. Be at least 18 years of age.
An applicant may not:
1. Have received an arts grant for financial support from Arlington County within the prior two grant periods;
2. Have violated any requirements or conditions imposed by the Commission in any previous grant period;
3. Be employed by an organization applying for a FY 2019 Project Grant and/or a FY 2019 Space & Services Grant; or,
4. Apply for support of a project that is being done as part of a degree requirement for an educational program.
REQUIRED GRANT WORKSHOPS: All individuals planning to apply for an FY 2020 grant must register and attend one of the following workshops:
1. Thursday, November 8, 2018, 6:30 - 8:00 p.m.
2. Saturday, November 17, 2018, 12:30 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
All workshops are held in Room 139, 3700 South Four Mile Run Drive, Arlington, VA, 22206. Registration is required and space is limited.
The application process is electronic.
Intent to Apply:
Complete and Submit the Intent to Apply Form
Due: Monday, December 3, 2018 by 5:00 p.m.
The purpose of the Intent to Apply Form is to determine if you are eligible to apply for a FY 2020 Individual Artist Grant. The Intent to Apply Form must be submitted after the applicant has attended an Individual Artist Grant workshop.
Applicants will be notified of their eligibility determination by Friday, December 7, 2018.
Apply for an Individual Artist Grant
Due: Monday, February 11, 2019 by 5:00 p.m.
Submit the Individual Artist Grant Application by Monday, February 11, 2019, by 5:00 p.m. If you do not receive the confirmation email, your application was not received and you need to resubmit the application.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit the Intent to Apply Form and Individual Artist Grant Application to: CADportal@arlingtonva.us.
Direct any questions to the Grants Office at email@example.com.
Arlington Commission for the Arts
Arlington Cultural Affairs Division
Arts Grants Office
1100 N Glebe Rd, #1500
Arlington, VA 22201
USA: Virginia: Arlington County