Find Nonprofit and Small Business Grants

Advance Search

Only Available for Paid Subscribers
Clear Filters
Search Filters

Improvement Fund Grants

Grants to Lincoln County, Nebraska Nonprofits
and Agencies to Build or Improve Tourism Attractions

Agency Type:

Local

Funding Source:

Add to My Calendar 

North Platte(NP)/Lincoln County Visitors Bureau (LCVB)

LOI Date:

07/02/18

Deadline Date:

09/29/18 5:00 PM Receipt

Description:

Request a Grant Writer

Grants to Lincoln County, Nebraska nonprofit organizations and local government agencies to improve or create visitor facilities and attractions that will draw tourists to the local area. Applicants must submit an intent to apply by July 2. Funding is available for the maintenance and repair of an existing facility, or the construction or expansion of a visitor service or attraction.

The funds available through this program are provided from the lodging tax revenue fund and are to be used for capital improvements to attractions or recreational facilities attracting visitors to and within Lincoln County Nebraska, owned by the public or any nonprofit organization, as the Nebraska Visitors Development Act, Neb. Rev. Stat. §81-3701 through 81-3724, et seq. (as amended from time to time) provides.

Use of Funds:

Improvement Fund grants shall be used to improve the visitor attractions and facilities owned by the public or any nonprofit organization in the county, except that no proceeds shall be used to improve a facility in which pari-mutual wagering is conducted.

Definition of Minor/Major Grants:

Minor grants are defined as those in which the entire project has a cost of less than $5,000, or the activity is in the nature of repairs or maintenance to existing facilities. Major grants are those in which the entire project has a cost of more than $5,000, or which involve new construction, whether as a new attraction or visitor service, or an expansion of an existing attraction or visitor service.

GrantWatch ID#:

GrantWatch ID#: 138168

Term of Contract:

Nothing in the Improvement Fund Grant guidelines excludes funding for multi-year projects.

All non-multiyear projects funded through the Improvement Fund must be completed within 18 months of the date of application approval, unless written authorization of deadline extension is received from the Visitors Bureau Advisory Committee. For projects not completed within the 18 month time frame without written authorization of extension, the grant will immediately be terminated and funds will not be distributed.

Additional Eligibility Criteria:

Qualified organizations are 501(c)3, not-for-profit, or divisions of local government.

No part of the grant funds may be used for:
-General operating expenses
-For additional or current personnel salaries
-For supplies and equipment
-For any projects started prior to notification of grant award
-For items not included in the approved grant application.
-In any manner that would violate the Nebraska Visitors Development Act, Neb. Rev. Stat. §81-3701 through 81-3724, et seq. (as amended from time to time). All grants are discretionary, based upon available funds, other anticipated uses, appropriateness and anticipated effectiveness of proposed use.

Funds may not be used for any project that was begun or completed prior to notification of the grant award.

Pre-Application Information:

Grantee acknowledges that this is a 25/75 matching grant up to the approved amount. The Grantee will be reimbursed up to 75 percent of the cost of the project (Up to but not exceeding total grant award, while the other 25 percent of the project cost must come from the Grantee, and can consist of half in-kind and half cash. For example, for a total project cost of $100,000, the grant application can be for $75,000 and the match will be $25,000.

Letters of intent to apply must be received by 5:00 PM on Monday, July 2, 2018.

Organizations that do not submit an intent to apply will not be eligible for submitting an application for Improvement Funds.

For those projects given approval to submit a full application, the application will be made available immediately upon approval, and the due date will be September 29.

Applicants must be present at the Advisory Committee meeting at which their application is reviewed. Presentations must not be longer than 20 minutes.

Contact Information:

Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.

Lisa Burke
lburke@visitnorthplatte.com

Muriel Clark
mclark@visitnorthplatte.com

North Platte/Lincoln County Visitors Bureau
101 Halligan Drive
North Platte, NE 69101

308.532.4729

URL for Full Text (RFP):

Geographic Focus:

USA: Nebraska: Lincoln County