Foundation / Corporation
San Mateo County Arts Commission Grant
Grants of up to $2,000 per year to San Mateo County, California non-profit arts organizations that are seeking financial assistance to enhance their provision of arts programs and/or services for the local community. These grants are available for either capacity building or technical support. More specifically, funding may be used for the following:
* Acquisition of new skills and capacities that will help the organization be successful in reaching and serving audiences, participants, and/or members; and
* Attendance at approved regional, state, or national conferences that build capacity in audience development.
GrantWatch ID#: 138197
Technical assistance grants are for up to $2,000 per year.
San Mateo County non-profit arts organizations with annual budgets of less than, or equal to, $500,000 are invited to submit letters of intent.
Additional Eligibility Criteria - Applicants must:
* Demonstrate proof of non-profit tax-exempt status under 501(c)3 of the internal revenue Code;
* Be able to present two year audited statements, organizational budget and Year to End Financial statements with the application;
* Have as their primary mission the creation and presentation of arts programming;
* Have operated with public programming for at least two years prior to the receipt of support;
* Have at least 60% of their programming take place within the County;
* (If past grant recipients) have submitted a final report before being considered for additional grant funding.
Note: Preference will be given to grantees participating in the California Cultural Data Project.
* Building construction or expansions
* Expenses or debt that has already been incurred
* Individuals, including individual artists
* Parent-teacher associations
* Private elementary or secondary schools
* Scholarships or staff training
* Student groups, clubs, or recreational or social organizations
* Technology projects
Application Submission Process:
The application process will be initiated through the submission of a one-page Letter of Intent, describing the technical assistance needed, the service that the grant will address and the intended outcome(s), district/demographics served, the extent that it addresses the guidelines and policies of each grant program, and, when applicable, the description of the collaborative effort and collaborators' profiles.
Please describe how the collaborators will contribute to each other's current practices and goals, and how the technical assistance will generate positive impact, and future growth to all collaborators. If available, submit your organization's California Cultural Data Project (CDP) Funder Report at the time you submit the Letter of Inquiry.
Letter of Intent deadline: Friday, December 20, 2013
Notification based on Letter of Intent: Friday, January 17, 2014
Application deadline: Friday, March 21, 2014
Grant announced: Wednesday, May 21, 2014
Please Note: Applicants must match the grant with 1:1 match from in-kind or financial support.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
The Grants Manager is available to respond to any application related questions Monday through Wednesday between 10:00am and 12:00pm. Esther Mallouh can be reached at 415-699-6800 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
San Mateo County