San Mateo County Arts Commission Grant
Grants to San Mateo County, California arts organizations for program or organizational support. Funding is intended for low-cost or free arts and cultural programs and services broadly available to local residents, as well as for general organizational operating support.
Project/Program Support may be used to present free or low-cost performances, screenings, exhibitions, educational services, festivals, literary readings, workshops, and seminars or other services; and to make diverse cultural arts programs broadly accessible to residents of San Mateo County.
Organizational Support provides unrestricted funding to help support and maintain an organization as it pursues its mission. General operating support grants may be used to cover day-to-day activities or ongoing expenses such as administrative salaries, utilities, office supplies, technology maintenance, etc., as well as for project costs, technology purchases, and professional development.
Highest priority will be given to proposals that will help maintain financial stability for the recipient organization and vibrant programs for audiences served. Requests for both Project/Program Support or Organizational Support funds are reviewed based on evidence of:
- Organization-wide planning and decision-making
- Clear and articulated vision for implementation and success
- A high value for diversity in all forms
- Strong financial management
- Continually updating plans and programs to reflect the current economy and community needs
- Engaged boards that contribute financially
- Goals and appropriate evaluation methods
- Partnering with others for community benefit and organizational efficiency
- Audiences who demonstrate interest in its artistic programs
GrantWatch ID#: 138198
The Arts Commission provides funding to arts organizations located in San Mateo County.
- Individuals, individual artists, scholarships or fellowships
- Capital expenditures, trust or endowment funds
- Expenses incurred before the starting or after the ending date of the grant
- Hospitality or food costs; social functions, parties, receptions and/or fundraising events
- Parent-teacher associations, student groups, clubs, recreational or social organizations
- Elementary or secondary schools and school districts, boards and associations
- Organizations or activities that are part of the curricula of a college, university or community college
- Activities with a political or religious purpose or lobbying activities
Grant Information Workshop: February 13, 2019—time and location to be determined
- Application Available: February 25, 2019
- Application Due: April 1, 2019
- Public Panel Review: TBD
- Grant Award Notification: May 20, 2019
To apply for Organizational Support, the organization must have a current written strategic or business plan for the whole organization that covers at least 24 months. OS applicants are also required to submit a DataArts report.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Register and Apply Online - First-Time Applicants:
Apply Online - Past or Renewing Applicants:
For any application related questions, please contact Amisha Motipara, Arts Commission Manager via email: email@example.com.
County of San Mateo
400 County Center
Redwood City, CA 94063
USA: California: San Mateo County