City of Elgin
10/01/18 4:00 PM
Grants of up to $8,500 to Illinois nonprofits to support arts projects, programs, and events that benefit residents of the City of Elgin. Proposals should advance the arts in the community and promote economic opportunities for artists. Funding is available for specific projects, rather than general operational costs.
Successful applicants demonstrate strong operations, stable management, ongoing assessment and evaluation, and a strong commitment to making artistic programs accessible and relevant to a diverse range of participants. Organizations must also show that their programs and activities have artistic, educational, and/or cultural value. It is recommended that proposals not include designs that would be considered inappropriate and/or indecent by community standards.
GrantWatch ID#: 138422
The maximum grant request that will be accepted is $8,500.
Expenditures of grant monies must occur between January 1, 2019, and December 31, 2019.
Applicant must be an Illinois registered not for profit organization, institution, or association.
Funding will not be given for:
- Permanent additions or improvements to property or construction.
- Anyone receiving funds directly from the City of Elgin will not be considered for funding.
- Purchasing permanent equipment or capital expenditures.
- Operating expenses or scholarships or educational programs in any school.
- An existing deficit from a previous year or previous project.
- Hobbies or recreational projects.
- Any project for a church or any sectarian purpose.
- Any project for a political purpose.
- Any group receiving money directly from the City Council or payment in-kind agreements.
- Projects already funded by the City of Elgin or the ECAC.
Application deadline for 2019 is Monday, October 1, 2018 at 4:00 PM.
Applications go live in August and are due in October of the year prior to the year of the program. The ECAC votes on applications in November with a final vote in December, after which a recommendation is made to City Council for funding. Following final City Council approval or denial, organizations are notified of approval or denial and award amounts.
The ECAC will not fund more than 50% of a proposed project. Only one grant per calendar year per organization will be funded.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Applications should be dropped off or sent to:
Attn: Amanda Harris
150 Dexter Ct
Elgin, IL, 60120
USA: Illinois: City of Elgin