Foundation / Corporation
Singing For Change (SFC)
Grants ranging from $1,000 to $10,000 to USA nonprofit organizations creating positive change through promoting self-sufficiency and community integration. Programs should address issues affecting children and families, the environment, and disenfranchised groups.
Specifically, Singing for Change looks for groups that are:
- Working to engage individuals in their communities
- Helping people realize their full potential
- Creating lasting change in the communities they serve
Areas of interest include the following:
Children and families: Grants are awarded to programs fostering self-sufficiency and stability. Individual therapy is not funded, nor are therapeutic or recreational camps or wish-fulfillment programs.
The environment: Grants are awarded to programs teaching people practical, everyday methods of conservation, protection and the responsible use of natural resources. Efforts to protect individual species or animals are not usually funded by SFC.
Disenfranchised groups: SFC defines these groups as people who have been marginalized in society because of their low levels of skill, education, or income, people with disabilities, and people who are homeless.
Projects most likely to be considered are those which:
- Help people overcome social or economic barriers to education or employment
- Promote the empowerment of individuals toward self-sufficiency, and provide opportunities for personal growth that benefit their greater community
- Demonstrate human equality and encourage people to cross boundary lines to help others
GrantWatch ID#: 138499
Grants range in size from $1,000 to $10,000.
Grants are made only to non-profit organizations with tax-exempt status under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service code, or to organizations that have a sponsoring agency with this status.
SFC does not consider grants to:
- Government agencies
- Public or private schools
- Art, music, or recreational programs, even if offered to disenfranchised groups
- Disaster Relief
- Political organizations
- Religious organizations
- Medical research or disease treatment organizations
- Basic-needs programs (that exist to supply food or clothing)
- Single service programs such as individual counseling
- Efforts to protect individual species or animals
The Singing for Change site is currently accepting new applications. Please submit your letter of interest by May 1, 2018. By August 1, submit a full application.
How to apply: http://www.singingforchange.org/apply.html
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming