Foundation / Corporation
Blue Valley Educational Foundation
01/21/14 5:00 PM
Grants of up to $5,000 to Kansas City metropolitan area, Kansas public school teachers who are working to develop innovative teaching strategies to improve student success. These grants are intended to support and encourage teachers to infuse new elements of creativity into their classrooms, thereby enhancing the education of Blue Valley School District students.
Funding will only be provided for projects or programs for which no other school or parent group funds are available. The proposed project or program must support, and may supplement, the current district curriculum, but cannot supplant it.
The Foundation will give priority to projects and programs that:
- Promote innovative and creative teaching and learning.
- Demonstrate collaboration among grade levels, subjects or disciplines, and schools.
- Have not been previously funded for a teacher at the same school.
- Have substantial and demonstrable impact on students, measured either by breadth (the number of students participating or benefiting) or by depth (significant, life‐changing results).
GrantWatch ID#: 138882
Grant requests cannot exceed $5,000.
- Any Blue Valley School District educator may apply for a Grant of Educational Excellence.
- Grants may be implemented district‐wide or by schools, school departments, teachers, counselors, librarians, nurses, or other district educators.
- The proposed project or program may not discriminate on any illegal basis.
- Grant funds may not be used for political or religious purposes.
Technology requests that may be eligible for funding currently include:
- portable CD players
- portable sound systems (e.g., a speaker, microphone, stand)
- MacBook Pros
- Software that supports the current curriculum and is appropriate for the grade level for which the request is made
- Mobile devices, including iPads, iPods, Windows 8 tablets, and netbooks only, for use in schools that are not Innovation Spaces schools.
The Foundation currently does not fund the following:
- CPS Clickers, Airliners, SMARTboards, and sound amplification systems
- Technology that cannot be or is no longer supported by the district
- Mobile technology other than iPads, iPods, Windows 8 tablets, or netbooks
- iPads, iPods, Windows 8 tablets or netbooks for use in Innovation Spaces schools
- iTunes music
- iTunes cards
- Furniture, including tables, chairs, stools, and stability balls
- Any expenses or reimbursements for travel, including transportation, lodging, and food
- Refreshments, snacks, or meals
- Fundraising materials, including raffle tickets or auction items
- Expenses for staff honoraria, salaries, stipends, or substitute teachers
- After‐school clubs
- Clothing or uniforms
- Non‐curriculum based programs
All applications must be submitted online no later than 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, January 21, 2014, for Spring 2014 funding.
Please Note: You cannot save your work on a grant application and return to it later. Please see the attached files below to review the questions and other information requested on the grant application. The Foundation recommends that you prepare your answers for the grant application questions on a Word document, then cut and paste each response into the appropriate field when you have time to complete the grant application in one sitting.
An itemized budget for the project or program for which funding is being requested must be included as part of the application. General amounts will not be considered.
The budget for a grant request that includes technology must include a written price quote from Information Technology Services for each item of technology. If you are requesting eligible mobile technology, ITS will use the standard package price provided on the Supplemental Technology Grant Application for each of the items requested. A written price quote must be obtained from ITS for all apps and/or software for eligible mobile devices that are not available free of charge.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
the Blue Valley School District area