Foundation / Corporation
Oregon Cultural Trust - Jackson County Cultural Coalition (JCCC)
09/05/17 5:00 PM Postmarked for mailed applications
Grants ranging between $1,000 and $3,000 to Jackson County, Oregon nonprofits for activities and educational opportunities in the arts, culture, and humanities. Funding may be used to support art, music, dance, history, guest artists, reading programs, scholarships, classes, and workshops culminating in public performances, presentations, and exhibits. Many of these projects benefit local schools and students, augmenting their curriculum. All enrich community cultural opportunities and enhance the local economy.
Eligible projects are those that support and promote:
- Participation in and access to cultural activities, the arts, heritage, and humanities, for all residents of Jackson County;
- Cultural and educational opportunities, especially for youth, in Jackson County;
- Awareness of the Oregon Cultural Trust in Jackson County.
- Values “start up funding” for smaller cultural entities that helps them become
established and engage in projects that serve their neighborhoods and communities.
- Funds new projects and programs that larger cultural entities are undertaking,
assisting them in “creating a track record” that allows them to show larger funders the validity of their efforts.
- Provides some monies towards projects that will benefit the community as a show of local support to better position a cultural organization for obtaining additional funds from other foundations and grant-giving organizations.
- Strives to support as many Jackson County organizations as possible, and therefore takes into consideration the number of consecutive years a given project has been funded.
- Does fund some capital projects, but prefers those that support historic preservation and restoration efforts to insure that the local history is not lost. If you have a capital construction project in mind, please contact the Foundation by email prior to investing time in an application.
GrantWatch ID#: 139118
JCCC typically awards grants between $1,000 and $3,000.
Funding is for projects or programs occurring between January 1, 2018, and December 31, 2018.
Grant applications will be accepted only from tax-exempt organizations, or
organizations that have fiscal sponsors that are tax-exempt organizations.
No grants to individuals will be made.
A grant request from an organization that received funding in 2016, and has not
completed all of its required reports by stated deadlines will not be considered.
Applicants interested in receiving funding for capital projects should first email the Foundation.
Complete applications must be postmarked no later than September 5, 2017. All applicants will be personally interviewed by JCCC Board members. Interviews will take place between mid-September and mid-October.
The 2018 recipients will be notified at the beginning of November, and checks will be presented at the December 5th Awards Ceremony.
In 2017, JCCC awarded $23,500 in grants to 15 local non-profit organizations for 2016 projects and activities.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
All applications must be e-mailed or mailed to:
Jackson County Cultural Coalition
P.O. Box 8586
Medford, OR 97501
USA: Oregon: Jackson County