Foundation / Corporation
Cottage Grove Community Foundation (CGCF)
12/19/17 5:00 PM Receipt
Grants ranging from $500 to $1,000 to Cottage Grove Area, Oregon nonprofit organizations for programs that improve the quality of life of local residents. The funding is intended to support a broad range of projects in the areas of social and civic needs, culture, healthcare, and education.
The Foundation defines its community service area as that covered by the South Lane School District. The Foundation grants will be limited to this area unless otherwise specified by an individual donor.
In authorizing Community Grants, the Foundation gives preference to projects of the following types:
1. Projects that demonstrate a timely impact on an organization’s development and the community it serves, and if they help an organization to address both current and future needs.
2. Projects or programs aimed at providing needed services or facilities for which public funds are either not available or are not sufficient and the Foundation’s contribution, either by itself or in conjunction with other private support, would have a significant impact.
3. Programs which would contribute to the educational, medical, cultural, social and civic needs of our community by addressing the source of major problems
4. Programs where modest amounts of money can make a significant difference and which promise tangible benefits or means of solving community problems or concerns.
5. Programs which will be completed within 6 months of award notification date.
6. Preference will be given to organizations who have not received CGCF Community Grants during the last two years.
GrantWatch ID#: 139136
Grant amounts may range from $500 to $1,000.
Grants will be made for one year only. Preference will be given to programs which will be completed within 6 months of award notification date.
Any IRS approved non-profit organization located in the South Lane School District in the Cottage Grove Area, Oregon is eligible to apply. However, organizations that have not completed grants from previous years and have not provided a “Grant Completion and Evaluation Form” will not be eligible for 2018 grant awards. You will be notified if this is the case.
Applications from individuals will not be considered.
Unless designated otherwise by the donor, Community Grants normally will not be made to organizations for the following purposes:
a. Emergency funding
b. Travel to or in support of conferences
c. Debt retirement or operational deficits
d. Annual fund drives or operation expenses except during a start up period not to exceed three years.
e. Sectarian religious purposes (does not preclude consideration of requests for educational, medical, or social service oriented programs open to all community members undertaken by church affiliated or supported agencies.)
All applications must be received in the Cottage Grove Community Foundation Office or our Post Office Box by December 19, 2017, 5:00 PM. The office is open Tuesdays 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM. The office will be open until 5:00 PM on the Tuesday deadline. Applications which are mailed must be in our post office mailbox by 5:00 PM on the deadline date, not just postmarked on that date.
Grant awards will be announced before the end of February 2018. Awards are announced in the public media as well as by notification to the recipients. Non-recipients are notified by letter.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
For additional information, contact the Cottage Grove Community Foundation office at 942-0014, Tuesdays 10:00 am to 4:00 pm or email email@example.com.
Mail applications to:
Cottage Grove Community Foundation
P.O. Box 1326
Cottage Grove, Oregon
Or hand deliver to the CGCF office at:
1015 E. Main Street,
Cottage Grove, Oregon
USA: Oregon: The service area is the South Lane School District in Cottage Grove Area.