Foundation / Corporation
Rochester Area Community Foundation (RACF)
Grants ranging from $8,000 to $15,000 to Rochester Area, New York nonprofit organizations to benefit local children and youth. Eligible projects are those that address one or more of the following priorities: arts and culture, youth crime prevention, promoting school success, and strengthening school-aged children's community and family ties. Applicants must operate in the eight-county region around Rochester, NY (Genesee, Livingston, Monroe, Ontario, Orleans, Seneca, Wayne, and Yates counties).
Proposals must address one (or more) of the following priorities:
- Arts and culture programs for children that contribute to their ability to learn (i.e., contribute to improvements in their academic achievement);
- Programs that prevent or reduce youth violence and juvenile crime. Priority will be given to programs serving 16- to 20-year olds; and
- Programs for school-age children that strengthen connections with their families and communities and increase the likelihood of their success in school and beyond.
Proposals must be based on evidence or relevant research and clearly describe and measure the program’s desired effect on children or youth.
GrantWatch ID#: 139264
Typical Grant Size: $8,000 - $15,000
Applicants must be charitable organizations within the eight-county region around Rochester, NY (Genesee, Livingston, Monroe, Ontario, Orleans, Seneca, Wayne, and Yates counties).
Please note that grants generally are not awarded to support:
- Debt reduction
- Fundraising campaigns, such as endowment, capital, or annual campaigns
- Religious activities (although the Feinbloom Supporting Foundation may support nonreligious activities provided through religious institutions)
- Underwriting of special events
- Charter schools
- Musical instruments or equipment
Letters of Intent are due January 18, 2019.
Selected applicants will be invited to submit a full application.
Decisions will be announced in late May 2019.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit a Letter of Intent (LOI) online: https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=racfg
Rochester Area Community Foundation
500 East Avenue
Rochester, NY 14607
USA: New York: Genesee, Livingston, Monroe, Ontario, Orleans, Seneca, Wayne, and Yates counties