Oklahoma Department of Libraries
01/31/14 5 PM
Grants of up to $6,000 are available to help Oklahoma non-profits and government agencies properly preserve and care for their archival collections. Eligible institutions include libraries, museums, historical societies, cultural organizations, town and county records offices, and others that have preservation plans. Funds may be used to address a specific item in their plan and/or purchase storage furniture, preservation supplies, and environmental monitoring equipment.
Eligible collections can include special collections of books and journals, archives and manuscripts, prints and photographs, moving images, sound recordings, architectural, and cartographic records.
This grant program does not fund the care of decorative and fine art objects, textiles, archaeological and ethnographic artifacts, furniture, historical objects, or other types of artifacts.
Applicants WITH Preservation Plans may request funding to:
• Address a specific recommendation in the Preservation Plan or Assessment. The plan/assessment must have been developed by staff or a consultant specifically knowledgeable about archives and preservation.
• Purchase of storage furniture and preservation supplies.
• Purchase of environmental monitoring equipment for archival collections.
• Applicants may combine two or more elements of the project types listed above in a single application.
• Capital Improvements: Costs for upgrading or adding security and/or environmental controls are eligible. NOT ELIGIBLE are the construction or renovation of any building, the purchase of land, or the rental of space. Budget proposals may show building renovations under cash match.
• Consultant fees: Individuals who provide specialized services such as planning, training, program development, and facility assessments. Consultants must be approved by OHRAB staff.
• Equipment: Costs for the purchase of equipment that is essential to achieve project goals.
• Contracted Services: Microfilming, photo-reproduction, collection processing, or professional services.
• Supplies: Materials such as acid-free boxes and folders or other justified archival supplies.
• Training: Expenses for training or staff travel to professional meetings, seminars, and workshops that are essential to achieve project goals.
• Travel Expenses: Only for travel that is essential to achieve project goals. Travel expenses using grant funds cannot be reimbursed at more than the current state government rate unless justified.
GrantWatch ID#: 139286
Up to $6,000
March 1, 2014 - February 28, 2015
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Grants to USA government agencies, educational institutions, nonprofit organizations, faith-based and community organizations, and tribal governments for activities to reduce violent crime in local neighborhoods. Interested applicants are advised that required registra
Fundraising opportunity for USA, Canada, and International nonprofit organizations to host a jazz concert held in honor of their organization or cause. Applicants must contact the funding source prior to applying. In addition to funds raised through concert ticket sales
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations to reduce social inequality and promote solutions to the climate crisis. Eligible programs will address the areas of racial and economic justice, corporate and political accountability; voice, creativity, and culture; and an inclusi
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations and Tribes to provide technical assistance and counseling for disadvantaged small businesses. Applicants are advised that required registrations may take several weeks to complete. The purpose of the available funding is to support
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations and eligible agencies to increase organizational capacity to improve housing practices. Applicants are advised that required registrations may take several weeks to complete. Funding is intended to strengthen organizational capacity
Grants to USA and Canada nonprofit charitable organizations to impact public policy in a variety of national and international issues. In previous years, grants have been awarded for general operations and project support to think tanks, national councils, judicial orga
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations to protect natural resources on land and water in locations around the world. Funding is intended to ensure that activities to acquire metals, gemstones, and corals for design use do not have an adverse impact on the area of origin.
Grants to USA community-based nonprofit organizations to facilitate workplace readiness for women. Applicants are advised that required registrations may take up to four weeks to complete. Eligible programs are those that prepare women to work in fields in which women a
Grants of up to $3,000 to USA and Canada nonprofit organizations for projects to protect wildlife and natural habitats. Funding is intended for campaigns to save specific species and ecosystems. Eligible activities include public policy work, litigation, advocacy, and d
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations in multiple states to address the needs of residents in eligible counties, with priority given to low- to moderate-income populations. Applicants in Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska,