Indiana State Department of Agriculture (ISDA)
Grants to Indiana nonprofit organizations, associations, and commissions to promote the state’s livestock industry. Funding may be requested for the promotion of livestock shows and exhibitions, conventions, educational programs, and similar projects and events.
Eligible livestock includes the following:
(1) Beef cattle, dairy cattle, and other animals of the bovine species
(2) Swine and other animals of the porcine species
(3) Sheep and other members of the ovine species
(4) Horses, mules, burros, asses, and other animals of the equine species
(5) Goats and other members of the caprine species
(6) Poultry and other birds of the avian species
(7) Ostriches, rhea, emus, and other members of the ratite species
(8) Camels, llamas, and other members of the camelid species
(9) Farm raised deer, elk, moose, and other members of the cervidae species
(11) Aquatic animals that are the subject of aquaculture
Grant proposals will be evaluated on the following criteria:
-Project has clear identifiable goals and demonstrates tangible benefits for the livestock industry segment and for Indiana’s overall food and agriculture economy.
-Project has clear criteria by which to evaluate the success of the project. Goals and expected outcomes are verifiable, measurable and realistic for the scope of the project.
-Project has a high probability of achieving its goals.
-Project is needed by the livestock sector and has strong industry support.
-Project will benefit many companies in the industry sector and industry impact goes beyond the county level.
-Budget is complete and detailed.
-The organization has a track record of success—both with ISDA-funded projects and their own general programming.
-The event/program brings additional jobs and/or revenue to the State of Indiana.
GrantWatch ID#: 139314
ISDA does not fund the same projects each year.
Grant programs must be completed by February 2019.
Nonprofit organizations, commissions and associations with 501(c) status are eligible to apply.
The livestock promotion grant cannot be used for the payment of judges, prizes or awards, or other items going to specific individuals.
Capital expenses such as buildings, vehicles, livestock pens, large equipment, etc. are not permissible in grant request.
The grant request is not for operational funding.
Grants will reimburse up to 50 percent of the amount spent to conduct or support the projects, programs and events.
All applications for ISDA grants must be accompanied by a W-9 and Direct Deposit Authorization form (attached below).
-October 1, 2017: Applications are available
-December 1, 2017: Grant applications are due to ISDA via email
-February 15, 2018: Announcement of grant recipients
-February 2019: Completion of the grant program
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.