Foundation / Corporation
Greater Salina Community Foundation (GSCF) - YW Legacy Fund
Grants to Saline County, Kansas nonprofit organizations, educational institutions, churches, and government and public agencies for programs benefiting local residents. Funding is intended to support activities that provide assistance for children, promote women's leadership and betterment, eliminate racism, and work on behalf of the physical and mental health of women and their families.
The Greater Salina Community Foundation YW Legacy Fund provides grants to individuals and organizations who strive to make Salina a better place for women and their families.
YW Legacy Grant requests should address one or more of the following criteria:
- Encourage women’s growth, leadership and power in order to attain a common vision for peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all people.
- Help children attain their greatest potential.
- Create an environment to assist in the physical and mental health and well-being of women and their families.
- Pursue the elimination of racism wherever it exists.
Types of support offered by the Greater Salina Community Foundation:
- Project or program support- supports specific projects or programs that serve the community and are linked to an organization’s primary service
- Seed money—to establish or initiate a new project, program or organization. Seed money can cover salaries and other operating expenses of a new project (also known as start up funds)
- Capacity building—activities that strengthen an organization and help it better fulfill its mission, such as equipment, staff, publications, training or convening
- Capital—supports construction or renovation of a facility
- Endowments*- intended to be kept permanently and invested to provide income for continued support of an organization
*The grants committee can choose to grant to any of the above type of requests, however preference will be given to grants for project, seed money, or capacity building. (Unless it is a specific initiative, it is unlikely that the committee would use Foundation unrestricted funds to support an Endowment project.)
When reviewing applications for grants from the Greater Salina Community Foundation, the following will be considered:
- Description of the project– Is the project clearly defined and easy for someone outside of your organization to understand?
- Definition of Need– Is there information about how the need was determined and also a clear explanation as to why the project needs to be funded at this time?
- Project Results & Evaluation– Are the project goals/results realistic and measureable? And is there a clear plan on how to measure success?
- Project Budget– Is the budget reasonable for the project? Is it clear and specific? Do the project expenses match the project revenue?
- Innovativeness– If this is a new or innovative project/program, does it fill a community need and is it well planned out?
- Repeat Grant– If this is an ongoing project, or a repeat grant, does it fill an important need in the community?
GrantWatch ID#: 139519
- Grants are restricted to Saline County, KS.
- All 501(c)(3) charitable organizations, government/public entities, educational institutions, and churches will be considered.
- Other organizations such as for-profit entities and individuals will be considered if the request is for a charitable grant.
The Foundation will not consider grants to the following:
- Political projects of any kind
- Organizations or projects that practice discrimination by race, color, creed, sex, age, or national origin
- Operating deficits or retirement of debt
YW Legacy Grant Applications Due: December 15, 2018
All applicants will need to complete a grant application form through the online grant system. You will be notified by email if your organization received full or partial funding or in some cases, if funding has been denied. Decisions are typically made within 6-8 weeks after the application deadline.
Applicants may apply for more than one project at a time. It is not possible to submit the same proposal to multiple grant cycles.
For questions, contact the grants and scholarships staff.
Search & Apply for a Grant: http://gscf.org/search-apply-for-a-grant/
General Grant Guidelines: http://gscf.org/grant-guidelines/
Grant FAQs: http://gscf.org/grant-faqs/
Application tutorial: https://app.box.com/s/luks6ckh1pydgbrnjze9
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online application portal: https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=gscf
Brandee Mayginnes, Director of Grants & Scholarships
Greater Salina Community Foundation
P.O. Box 2876
119 W. Iron, 8th Floor
Salina, KS 67402-2876
Ph (785) 823-1800
USA: Kansas: Saline County