Foundation / Corporation
Minnesota Skywarn Workshop
Grants of up to $1,000 will be awarded to non-profits in Minnesota for purchasing equipment, supplies and other tangible assets that improve severe weather warning and tracking operations. These funds are intended help improve communications between Skywarn groups and the National Weather Service, and to fund necessary equipment.
Funds may be used for the following:
-Enhance equipment currently in use for Skywarn operations (i.e. hub or spoke systems).
-Repeater antenna systems.
-Repeater radio/controller systems.
-Echolink related equipment (only when RF-based communications are not practical).
-Establishment of reporting resources in currently underserved areas. (Applicants must demonstrate the presence of an existing spotter base that will utilize the equipment.)
-The project must advance the mission of the MN Skywarn Workshop and must demonstrate the potential for significant or long-term impact for Skywarn operations.
-Recipients will be required to discuss your project at the 2015 MN Skywarn Workshop (date TBA).
-Recipients will be required to submit a final report demonstrating completion of the project and achievement of planned goals.
-The operations grant will provide funds up to 80% of your total project cost, not to exceed $1,000. Applicants must match or raise the remaining 20% from other sources.
-Personnel expenses may include only services directly related to equipment installation or setup.
-Funds may be used for limited and reasonable expenses related to the maintenance of equipment.
GrantWatch ID#: 139763
Up to $1,000
Project must be implemented by September 31, 2014.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Mail applications to:
MN Skywarn Workshop
PO BOX 46171
Plymouth, MN 55446
For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fundraising opportunity for USA, Canada, and International nonprofit organizations to host a jazz concert held in honor of their organization or cause. Applicants must contact the funding source prior to applying. In addition to funds raised through concert ticket sales
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations to reduce social inequality and promote solutions to the climate crisis. Eligible programs will address the areas of racial and economic justice, corporate and political accountability; voice, creativity, and culture; and an inclusi
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations to protect natural resources on land and water in locations around the world. Funding is intended to ensure that activities to acquire metals, gemstones, and corals for design use do not have an adverse impact on the area of origin.
Grants to USA, Canada, and International independent filmmakers for feature-length film projects. Funding is intended to support projects at any production phase from development through post-production. Priority will be given to applications from early career and emerg
Grants of up to $2,000 to Canada, USA, and Territories eligible medical residents for projects to improve children's health and well-being. Funding is intended to meet the health needs of children with a broad-based community approach. Projects must be led by a pediatri
In-kind repair services to Minnesota nonprofit organizations to strengthen communities by improving the safety of communal gathering places. The program is intended for structural and cosmetic repairs, painting, electrical, plumbing, and updates to make the buildings ac
Grants of up to $3,000 to USA and Canada nonprofit organizations for projects to protect wildlife and natural habitats. Funding is intended for campaigns to save specific species and ecosystems. Eligible activities include public policy work, litigation, advocacy, and d
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations in multiple states to address the needs of residents in eligible counties, with priority given to low- to moderate-income populations. Applicants in Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska,
Grants to Minnesota nonprofit organizations in eligible counties for a range of arts and cultural activities during and after the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. First-time applicants must contact program staff prior to applying. Funding is intended for activities with
Grants to USA and Canada individuals and families with low-income for financial assistance. Types of assistance include financial support to offset emergency expenses or to cover the cost of regular monthly bills. Funding is intended for workers and households that are