Grants of up to $40,000 to Colorado non-profit organizations and government and public agencies that are engaged in projects and activities that aim to address the following areas related to promoting the health of all state citizens: (1) The systemic inequities in health rooted in differences such as race, ethnicity, income, and geography and utilizing policy as a lever to address these inequities; (2) The lack of awareness and understanding about health equity among the general public and policymakers; and (3) The need for better capacity, coordination, and collaboration among health equity advocates.
This funding is aimed at addressing these issues, and, in doing so, support the development and advancement of health equity policy solutions through advocacy efforts.
Applications for Phase I grants will be reviewed and assessed based on the degree to which the following criteria are met:
- Organizational interest and readiness to take action on health equity.
- Willingness to engage and prioritize a field focus.
- Willingness and readiness to strengthen your organization’s capacity.
- Willingness and readiness to collaborate with a variety of different types of organizations to advance health equity.
- Willingness and readiness to engage those most impacted and affected by health equity in organizational advocacy and policy work.
- Willingness and readiness to engage in capacity building and strengthen the knowledge and skills to effectively conduct health equity advocacy efforts at an organizational and collective field level.
Number of Grants:
Estimated Size of Grant:
Six months (April 7, 2014 - September 30, 2014).
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates / changes / addendums / conferences / LOIs.