Nebraska Department of Environmental Quality (NDEQ)
08/14/19 4:00 PM CST
Grants to Nebraska nonprofit organizations, government agencies, and businesses to support a broad range of waste reduction and recycling initiatives. Funding is intended for projects that have a significant impact on waste reduction, composting, market development for recyclables, public education and planning, increased technical assistance, implementation of household hazardous management programs, and removal of barriers to waste reduction in the service area. Grants are also provided to assist in financing scrap tire programs and projects.
Grants are provided to assist in financing sound integrated waste management programs and projects. These programs and projects include, but are not limited to:
- Recycling systems;
- Market development for recyclable materials;
- Intermediate processing facilities;
- Facilities using recyclable materials in new products;
- Yard waste composting and composting with sewage sludge;
- Waste reduction and materials exchange;
- Household hazardous waste programs;
- Consolidation of solid waste disposal facilities and use of transfer stations; and
- Incineration for energy recovery.
Scrap tire programs include but are not limited to:
- Loose crumb rubber for manufacturing or playgrounds
- Loose crumb rubber used as a soil amendment to prevent grass wear
- Mulch products made from crumb rubber
- Playground or walkway mats made from crumb rubber
- Poured-in-place playground surfaces
- Athletic track surfaces made from crumb rubber
- Artificial football or soccer fields made from crumb rubbe
GrantWatch ID#: 139821
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Register to apply online:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Additionally, applicants who are applying as a state agency must send their user information request to this email address.
Nebraska Department of Environmental Quality
Waste Management Division, Planning and Aid Unit
1200 N Street, Suite 400
PO Box 98922
Lincoln, NE 68509-8922
Toll Free: 877-253-2603