Foundation / Corporation
Milford Schools Foundation
Grants of up to $2,000 to local Ohio individuals and organizations proposing innovative academic programs, services, and/or capital improvement projects that will benefit students in the City of Milford public schools. Grants will be awarded to support traditional academic subjects, the arts, music, technology, athletics, emergency funds, special education, and other high-impact projects.
Consideration will therefore be given to proposals that:
- Impact a large number of students.
- Have the potential to make a significant impact or change.
- Have matching funds if possible.
- Demonstrate the lack of other available supporting funding.
- Will be used for projects that provide long term value.
- Enhance and augment, but not duplicate, the standard school curriculum.
- Demonstrate partnerships between teachers, schools, and academic disciplines.
The above list of factors is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of all factors that the Foundation will consider. Rather, this list is a guideline for applicants as they consider making an application for a grant.
GrantWatch ID#: 139864
Individual Classroom Grant: up to $500. Multiple Classroom or Department Grant: up to $750. District Project: up to $2,000.
The 2013–2014 school year.
Applications may be made by individuals or groups.
Grants are not awarded:
- For multiple year commitments.
- To projects that serve religious purposes.
- For political or lobbying activities.
- To provide direct support to individuals, except for education/tuition scholarships.
- For debt reduction.
- To organizations that discriminate in any way.
- For iPad apps or iTunes gift cards note: the reason is that apps put on iPads are owned by the individual, not the district; so if the person leaves, the apps go with him or her.
Elementary principals should forward all applications, approved and not approved, to Jill Chin by February 11, 2014.
Junior high and high school principals should forward all applications, approved and not approved, to Nancy House by February 11, 2014.
Please Note: If you are applying for a grant to purchase an iPad, please use $500 as a price. iPads will be purchased through the Board of Education and the price will vary based on the quantity ordered.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
If you have any questions, please contact Jean at firstname.lastname@example.org.