Grants starting at $5,000 to Tompkins County, New York nonprofits, local agencies, and farmers markets for capital projects that generate tourism to the County. Eligible projects are those that attract visitors, including recreational and cultural attractions, theaters, and museums. Funding is intended for a range of purposes, including design, renovation, and new building projects; investments in unique permanent installations such as exhibits; and feasibility studies of potential capital projects.
Capital Investment Projects: New construction and renovation projects are eligible. The project may provide expansion or renovation to existing facilities, or may be a totally new facility. Funds may contribute up to one third of eligible costs that include:
- Acquisition of land
- Acquisition, construction, and renovation of buildings
- Acquisition of furnishings, equipment, permanent exhibitions, and other capital improvements designed to serve or promote tourism over a minimum of five years
- Design services for the project
Eligible projects include:
- Concept level design and cost estimates
- Tourism plan for a capital project
- Business plan for a capital project
All applicants are expected to track visitors to establish the tourism impact of the proposed project.
GrantWatch ID#: 140294
Typical Award Range: $5,000 to $100,000. Project will typically be valued at $75,000 or higher.
Capital Investment Projects are expected to have a minimum 5-year useful lifespan.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply Online: https://www.commongrantapplication.com/register.php?refOrgId=70636&refProgId=685&refProgType=grantsNew
USA: New York: Tompkins County