Foundation / Corporation
Ohio FFA Foundation and Ohio Department of Agriculture and Ohio FFA Association
Grants ranging from $750 to $5,000 to Ohio youth agricultural organizations to support community development projects. Project categories may include educational agricultural programs, agricultural awareness and promotion, and economic development in an agricultural context.
The following is a list of acceptable projects and is not meant to limit other project ideas, which meet the Agricultural and Rural Community Outreach Program (ARCOP) criteria:
1) Educational Ag Programs
- Create K-6 agricultural day with focus on science
- Develop bioscience/STEM programming for K-6 classroom program with an agricultural focus
- Develop ag career programming workshop for grades 6-12
- Chemical/pesticide workshop (New regulations workshop)
- Diversified farming workshops (ie: hydroponics, niche markets, small fruits, etc.)
- Arrange educational tour for local community (ie: ODA, OSU, research facilities, manufacturing facilities, farms, etc.)
- Public land lab creation and improvement
- Community beautification projects
*Projects should not be for maintenance or capital improvements on fairgrounds
2) Ag Awareness & Ag Promotion
- Educational agricultural products display or activity
- New technology display (ie: modified genetics, hydroponics, embryo transfer)
- Educational activity or display at county fair
3) Economic Development
- Develop local farmers’ market
- Develop and operate a community vegetable garden
- Develop educational/recreational farm/farmers’ market, create niche marketing opportunities
- Develop local hunger relief programs
GrantWatch ID#: 140316
A minimum of 12 chapter grants will be awarded.
Grants will range from $750 to $5,000 per chapter.
The actual project should be conducted between May and November 2018.
Grants are available to local FFA chapters' finance-worthy community development projects.
April 20, 2018: Applications due to Ohio FFA Foundation
May 30, 2018: Grants recipients will be notified
May – November: ARCOP projects to be completed
December 1, 2018: Final reports due to Ohio FFA Foundation
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Email completed application to email@example.com.
Or mail to:
Ohio FFA Center
Attn: Kathy Mann
717 A East 17th Ave.
Columbus, OH 43211