Foundation / Corporation
Junior League of Lincoln (JLL)
12/09/17 - For Long-Term Project Requests
Grants to Nebraska nonprofit organizations for community programs and projects that aim to improve the quality of life and foster the well being of women and children in Lincoln and Lancaster County. The funding source's current community priority is to support nonprofits working with address the needs of local children who are aging out of the foster care system.
Funding will be provided for both new and existing projects.
The Junior League's Goals Are:
- Community Impact: Foster the well-being of women and children in the Lincoln community through education, direct service, and advocacy.
- Membership Value: Create an environment which welcomes a diverse group of women; where all provisional, active and sustaining members feel connected to each other, to the mission, and to the community; and which encourages them to make a unique, valuable, and lasting contribution.
- Training: Provide significant training to JLL members to ensure continuity of leadership and establish the JLL as a leadership development resource in the community.
- Impact Awareness: Improve and enhance internal communication, develop and implement tools as well as strategies for external communication, and to raise the profile of JLL in the community as a community-builder and premier volunteer organization.
- Fiscal Responsibility: Develop and maintain sustainable revenue and financial resources, which fund and fulfill the League’s Mission and Vision and ensure the League’s financial strength and stability through effective asset management.
- Administration: Provide effective administrative support for JLL activities and mange all aspects of the organizations operations.
There are two application categories available:
Long Term: Grants for nonprofits that have larger or ongoing needs.
Short Term: Done in a Day, a project of the Junior League of Lincoln, allows members an opportunity to provide volunteer support for nonprofit organizations that have a short term or one-time need. Shifts must be less than 4 hours time, no more than 8 hours total.
GrantWatch ID#: 140621
- Agency must be a 501(c)(3) nonprofit operating in Lancaster County, Nebraska.
- Projects cannot involve fundraising of any kind. Volunteers can provide support at a variety of events, including fundraisers. However, volunteers may not solicit funds or goods for an agency prior to or during an event.
- Project must not require volunteers to be involved in medical research, political, or religious matters.
The Junior League of Lincoln is always open to proposals for community programs that fit within its service area and mission (see: http://www.jll.org/about/mission-statement-focus-area/).
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Community Partner Project Application – Long Term: http://www.jll.org/form/community-partner-project-application/
Community Partner Project Application – Short Term “Done in a Day”: http://www.jll.org/form/community-partner-form-short-term/
215 Centennial Mall S, #510
Lincoln, NE 68508
402 464 2050
USA: Nebraska: Lincoln and Lancaster County