City of West Linn
Grants to West Linn, Oregon nonprofit organizations for projects and events to benefit the local community. Funding is intended to enhance and support diversity, culture, arts, education, needed services, local history, and community involvement for local citizens.
Event and Program Criteria:
These are not exclusive categories, but are to be used as guidelines for the types of activities funded by the community grant program.
- Events and programs to encourage and foster advances in civic engagement or community leadership.
- Events and programs to promote involvement with West Linn’s youth or elderly population in community activities.
- Priority given to organizations or causes that can demonstrate this specific grant request will directly benefit West Linn residents
- Priority given to grant requests demonstrating the need for “seed” money where other funding sources are also utilized or will later be utilized for future support
- Priority given to first-time and non-repeat applicants
- Lowest priority for advertising or promotion
- Lowest priority for fundraising type of events. The committee wishes to see the grant funds have a direct impact on West Linn Residents. When community grant funds are used for fundraising events, the grant may not affect West Linn Residents – unless the donors are primarily from West Linn and the beneficiaries are all West Linn Residents
GrantWatch ID#: 140645
The City budget provides a limited amount of funding available for the community grant program. At this time, $20,000 - $40,000, depending upon City Council approval, is available for events/programs held during the fiscal year beginning July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2020.
Events and programs should be held during the fiscal year beginning July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2020.
Applicant must be an authorized representative of a West Linn community organization, project, or charitable non-profit organization. Organizations based outside of West Linn need to show that the proposed project will directly benefit West Linn residents.
An organization will only be eligible for a grant if any previously awarded grant projects complied with grant procedures, including filing their Report Back to Committee on how the funds were used and the outcome of their event/program.
No funding will be allocated to:
- Neighborhood Associations
- Political advocacy for political candidates, issues, or measures
- Religious-based or religious-supported organizations
Application needs to be signed and electronically submitted by the deadline date of April 15.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Scan the application form and any supporting materials to a pdf file and email your request to email@example.com.
If electronic submission is not possible, the Finance Department is happy to scan your documents into an electronic file at City Hall (22500 Salamo Road).
Questions about the grant request process can be directed to Lauren Breithaupt in the Finance Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or through email@example.com.
City of West Linn
22500 Salamo Road
West Linn, OR 97068
USA: Oregon: City of West Linn