Grants of up to $7,500 to Ontario nonprofit organizations in eligible locations to promote local economic development. Eligible applicants include fairs, farmer's markets, and rural business associations. Funding is intended for specific projects to benefit the local or regional economy. Eligible applicants are located in rural Ottawa.
Objectives of The Partnership Program:
To provide project based funding that supports the main priorities for rural organizations.
To contribute to the City’s rural economic health by supporting projects that will assist Ottawa’s rural business organizations, fairs, and farmers markets achieve sustainability and capitalize on the proximity to Ottawa’s large urban market.
To assist in promoting Ottawa’s rural identity to both residents and tourists
To provide economic benefits to small and medium-sized enterprises in Ottawa’s rural communities.
Assist rural communities to overcome the business development challenges associated with smaller local population base.
To increase the capacity for rural communities to provide a quality visitor experience.
Others (see text field entitled "Additional Eligibility Criteria" for clarification)
Additional Eligibility Criteria
Not-for-profit organizations that contribute to rural economic development, and that fall into one of the following three categories:
- Rural Business Organizations: Organizations, based in rural Ottawa that are recognized as being active in supporting local retail and service sector businesses, promoting commerce, and representing local business needs
- Farmers' Markets: Provide seasonal, multi-vendor, community-driven (not private) organizations selling agricultural, food, art and craft products including home-grown produce, home-made crafts, and value-added products where the vendors are primary producers (including preserves, baked goods, meat, fish, dairy products, etc.) located in rural Ottawa
- Fairs: Present and promote a major agricultural and/or heritage fair, that celebrates a distinct aspect of the local Ottawa character
General eligibility requirements for all categories:
- Organization to be based and have an ongoing presence in rural Ottawa and/or have project activities that significantly benefit rural Ottawa.
- Have a publicly accountable structure with an active Board of Directors that meets regularly
- Contribute to the economic development of Ottawa’s rural area through the implementation of new or enhanced projects.
For ineligible applicants and activities, see the URL for Full Text.
Deadline: April 24 at 4 pm
Funding will be limited to one approved project per organization per year.
Funding will be granted on a matching basis (50 per cent) of eligible project expenses.
Additional Funding Information
Estimated Total Program Funding:
Estimated Size of Grant
Maximum funding per project will not normally exceed $7,500.
Term of Contract
Projects are to be completed by December 31 of the same year unless applicant provides a reasonable justification for an extension and receives written agreement from the City.
Applications should be mailed, faxed, scanned and e-mailed or hand-delivered to:
City of Ottawa
Rural Affairs Office
Rural Association Partnership Program
110 Laurier Avenue West, 4th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario K1P 1J1