Foundation / Corporation
TACA (The Arts Community Alliance)
09/28/18 5:00 PM CST
Grants starting at $5,000 to Dallas County, Texas nonprofit visual and performing arts organizations and youth performing arts organizations for operational support. Applicants must submit an LOI by March 1, 2018. This unrestricted funding can be used for a variety of expenses, including salaries, program costs, office expenses, administration, technology, or to meet other operational needs.
Specifically, the Arts General Operating Grant Program is designed to:
- Foster artistic excellence
- Encourage innovation and originality
- Support and inspire local artists and local creation
- Increase accessibility to the arts for all citizens of Dallas County
- Reward financial and administrative stewardship
The Arts General Operating Grant Program has two grant categories with their own respective
- General Arts Provides general operating support for performing and visual arts organizations.
- Youth Performing Arts Provides general operating support for youth performing arts organizations. The term “youth” requires the majority of the performers/artists to be ages eighteen or under.
GrantWatch ID#: 140796
Minimum TACA grant award amount: $5,000
In order to be eligible to apply for funding, an organization must:
- Be a performing or visual arts organization that otherwise satisfies TACA’s requirements
- Have received its IRS 501(c)(3) designation as a public charity by October 1, 2017, and such designation must remain current with the IRS
- Be able to submit clear financial reports to document its revenues and expenses for at least one full year prior to the application deadline
- Provide performing and/or visual art programming for a live, public audience with a majority of year-round programming taking place in Dallas County
- Be deemed by TACA as eligible to apply after completion of the Pre-Application Review process
TACA does not provide funding to the following institutions:
- Colleges/Universities/High Schools/Elementary schools
- Fiscally-sponsored organizations
- For-profit arts institutions
- Non-arts organizations with arts programming
TACA grant awards may not be used to fund the following:
- Capital improvements, endowments, construction or real property
- Debt retirement, deficiencies in previously completed projects
- Cash prizes
- Benefits and events planned primarily for fundraising purposes
- Interest on loans, fines, penalties or costs of litigation
- Direct funding to individual artists
- Conservation and preservation
- Workshops, lectures, etc.
- Re-granting initiatives
- Arts writing (publications)
- Festivals and fairs
Schools are not eligible for Youth Arts grants and funding cannot be used for programs that take place in a school during the school day.
New applicant organizations – organizations that have not applied for a TACA grant in the past three years – must go through the Debut Interview Process. The purpose of this process is to provide an opportunity for newly applying organizations to seek clarifications about the grant process and improve understanding of the programming, artistic excellence, operations, and financial health of the newly applying organization.
After submitting an LOI, a TACA staff member will contact your organization to arrange a meeting to discuss the items stated above. The Debut Interview Process will take place until July of 2018.
In addtion, Arts General Operating Grant Application Orientations will take place on:
- August 7, 2018 at 9:00 a.m.
- August 9, 2018 at 4:00 p.m.
All interested applicant organizations for the upcoming 2019 Arts General Operating Grant cycle (grants to be awarded in January 2019) are required to submit a digital Letter of Interest (LOI) via the TACA Grants Portal by March 1, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. (CST).
Based upon the Pre-Application Process (and Debut Interview Process for newly applying organizations), all organizations who submitted an LOI will be notified of their eligibility to apply for an Arts General Operating Grant by July 16, 2018. Eligible organizations will subsequently be given access to the full application.
All application materials must be submitted via the TACA Grants Portal system by Friday, September 28, 2018, at 5:00 p.m. CST.
- March 1, 2018 by 5:00 p.m. (CST) Letter of Interest (LOI) submission deadline
- March 2017 – July 2018 Debut Interview Process
- July 16, 2018 Eligibility to apply notification; Full application available
- August 7, 2018 at 9:00 a.m. Arts General Operating Grant Application Orientation
- August 9, 2018 at 4:00 p.m. Arts General Operating Grant Application Orientation
- September 28, 2018 by 5:00 p.m. (CST) Online application submission deadline
- Mid-January 2019 Notification of funding award or decline
- January 2019 (exact date TBD) Grant Awards Celebration
Important: TACA will not be accepting applications for project support this cycle. Only general operating support will be provided.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Start a new LOI application: https://www.grantrequest.com/SID_2316?SA=SNA&FID=35033
Resume an LOI application: https://www.grantrequest.com/SID_2316?SA=AM
Greg Oertel, Programs and Marketing Manager
One Arts Plaza
1722 Routh Street, Suite 115
Dallas, TX 75201
USA: Texas: Dallas County