Foundation / Corporation
National Association of Latino Arts and Culture (NALAC)
03/27/14 11:59 PM CT
Grants ranging from $2,000 to $20,000 to United States, Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, and Panama individual artists, non-profits, and community-based organizations seeking financial assistance for high-quality arts exchange projects that support, preserve, or extend the cultural practices between linked communities in two or more of the above mentioned Countries.
These grants support projects that build upon, and extend, cultural knowledge across borders and result in an ongoing exchange of knowledge, customs, and creativity from one country to another.
Just as there are systems in place to transmit financial remittances between migrant populations and their home communities, transnational populations have developed artistic remittances through which cultural or social capital is exchanged to promote community well-being, human rights, social justice, economic empowerment, and interconnectedness among members. The NALAC Transnational Cultural Remittances grant program aims to support emerging and established projects that fulfill this function.
GrantWatch ID#: 140848
$2,000 - $20,000
Projects may take place between July 1, 2014 and June 30, 2015. TCR program only funds one-year projects.
Applicants who meet the following requirements are eligible to apply:
1. Applicant must be based in Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, or the United States; and
2. Applicant project must be between current partners in two or more of the eligible countries (listed above); and
3. Applicant must:
(a) be an artist, artisan working independently or as part of a collective; or
(b) be a non-governmental organization (NGO); or
(c) have 501(c)(3) non-profit status or have a fiscal sponsor with a 501(c)(3) status; or
(d) be a community-based volunteer organization with art or cultural components.
Eligibility for Previous TCR Grant Winners:
Previous TCR winners who submitted their TCR Final Report may apply for and receive a 2014 TCR Grant.
- Projects that lack equitable transnational partnership
- Social functions, parties, and receptions
- Capital campaigns
- Student work completed for academic credit or as part of an academically supported project, research, program, or residency
- Debt reduction
- Fundraising events
- Government Agencies
- Arts Service Organizations
- For-profit entities or activities
- Retroactive funding (expenses before July 1, 2014)
- Applicants who have not submitted their Final Report for a previous TCR grant
Click here to apply online: https://nalac.submittable.com/submit.
- Technical Assistance will be available through March 21, 2014.
- There will be no required match for these grants.
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
International country outside of the USA, Israel and Canada.