Foundation / Corporation
National Football League (NFL) Foundation
Grants ranging from $1,000 to $3,500 to USA professional football players and coaches (both current and former) to organize and host free, non-contact youth football summer camps. First-time coaches are required to complete an online course on heat, hydration, and concussion prevention. Funding is intended to support costs associated with organization, administration, marketing, staff, equipment, and provision of facilities.
The National Football League Foundation's Youth Football Camp Grant program recognizes NFL players and coaches who give back to communities in their hometowns or team cities while also providing positive examples for young football participants by emphasizing sportsmanship and involvement in community-wide charitable projects.
- Be free for all participants
- Only allow instruction and participation in non-contact football (tackle instruction is not permitted)
- Include positive character and life skills messaging for the youth participants
- Offer at least four hours of activities (either on a single day or over multiple days)
- Incorporate health and safety information and learning into the camp curriculum
- Be established in the NFL player or coach applicant’s name and be organized and attended by the player or coach
- Not be a source of revenue (e.g., salary, endorsements, etc.) for the NFL players, coaches, and other involved parties
- Have insurance
- Include an onsite licensed healthcare professional
Acceptable budget expenses:
- Facilities – (site rental fee, gym rental…)
- Staff – (EMS, coaching stipends, security, photographer…)
- Camp Equipment – (tents, tables, chairs, PA, football equipment…)
- Participant Costs
- Camp Administration – (insurance, supplies, shipping, food, non-alcoholic beverages…)
- Marketing – (camp brochure, signage, banners, advertising, media…)
GrantWatch ID#: 141392
Grants range from $1,000 up to $3,500.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online application portal: https://www.nflfoundation.org/users/login/index/redirTo:L2FwcGxpY2F0aW9ucy9wcm9ncmFtcy9jYW1wYWlnbi9DTVA=
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
USA Territories: American Samoa (USA) Guam (USA) Puerto Rico (USA) Virgin Islands (USA) Northern Mariana Islands (USA)