Foundation / Corporation
East Central Regional Arts Council (ECRAC)
03/01/19 Submitted before 11:59 PM
Grants ranging from $3,000 to $5,000 to Minnesota nonprofit arts organizations in eligible counties for general organizational expenses. Funding is intended to provide ongoing operating support for established, high quality arts organizations in Isanti, Kanabec, Chisago, Pine, and Mille Lacs Counties. Eligible expenses include, but are not limited to, small capital expenses, equipment and supply purchases, training, facility rental, general advertising, and insurance.
The ECRAC General Operating Support grant program provides general operating support to high quality, established arts organizations that produce, present, or exhibit works of art; to organizations that provide a broad range of services to artists; and to community arts groups that make arts learning available to regional individuals of all ages and abilities. The grant program offers funding to qualified organizations to maintain their ongoing organizational operating needs. This program recognizes that organizations with an established record of programmatic service and administrative stability should have access to funds to support their organizational goals and objectives, and to maintain their ongoing programs, services, and facilities without any emphasis on new initiatives or programs as justification for funding.
General Operating Support Grant proposals may include the following expenses based on the organization's identified needs and proposed outcomes:
- General operating expenses (e.g. – facility rental (not purchase) costs, operational insurance, directors and officer’s insurance, office or art supplies and equipment, utilities, general (not project specific) advertising, and phone or internet service, etc.)
- Board and staff training in non-profit or art best practices.
- Long range planning consultations (except fundraising).
- Purchase of equipment* or small capital expenses necessary to the mission of the arts organization. (Three quotes and an equipment use plan are required for all capital expenses over $500.)
- Expenses related to ADA compliance, or upgrades, in the facility used.
- Memberships in organizations such as a local chamber of commerce, GPS 45:93, or the Minnesota Council of Non-Profits, etc.. Travel (within Minnesota) for staff and board members to attend meetings, conferences, or trainings of these membership organizations.
*Requests from organizations for equipment purchase must include a detailed plan for the use of the equipment, and a statement certifying they will not sell the equipment without prior ECRAC approval. In addition, all equipment purchases of over $500 are required to have 3 price quotes in the grant application.
The mission of the East Central Regional Arts Council is to support the arts and bring the life enhancing values they afford to Region 7E residents. The vision is that all Region 7E residents have the opportunity to participate, appreciate, create, and invest in the arts.
- The merit and artistic quality of the organization’s projects or programs.
- The ability of the organization to accomplish the organization’s goals as stated. This is demonstrated by providing evidence of qualifications of artistic and administrative personnel, program brochures, catalog and materials, and previously successful efforts.
- Applicants must demonstrate a demand/need for the organization in the community served.
GrantWatch ID#: 141422
The funding amount for ECRAC General Operating Support Grants is $3,000 to $5,000.
Operating Support Grant amounts will cover the time period of July 1, 2019 (grant start date), to June 30, 2020 (grant end date).
The start date for an ECRAC grant is defined as “the point at which the project is set in motion (e.g. ordering and/or paying for supplies or printed materials, rent payments, etc.).” Payment of any debts incurred before the grant begins or outside of the grant start and end dates cannot be approved.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online application portal: https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=ecrac
Mary Minnick-Daniels, Executive Director
(320)396-2337 x 3
Katina Eklund, Grant Program Officer
112 Main Avenue South
PO Box 294
Braham, MN 55006
Phone: (320) 396-2337
USA: Minnesota: Chisago, Isanti, Kanabec, Mille Lacs, and Pine Counties