Foundation / Corporation
Awards of $1,000 and awards of $3,500 to Broward County, Florida teachers for exemplary service in art education. Funding is intended to recognize best practices in schools and the community in the following art disciplines: music, theater, dance, and visual arts. Preference is given to art teachers who are certified in the arts discipline they teach.
GrantWatch ID#: 141458
One (1) Arts Teacher of the Year Award, and two (2) Finalist Awards are presented for each artistic discipline, (dance, music, theater and visual arts).
- One Arts Teacher of the Year Award receives a $3,000 cash award and a $500 cash contribution to their arts program at their school.
- Two Finalist Awards in each artistic discipline: dance, music, theater and visual arts of $1,000 each.
Eligible are teachers from public, charter and private schools, whose primary assignment is in an arts discipline: dance, drama, music, visual arts, literary, and media arts (photography, film, and video).
Deadline to Apply: January 26, 2018
- January 26, 2018: Deadline for Nomination Letter and Application
- February 16, 2018: Completion of Application Short Listing
- February 26-27, 2018: Finalist Notifications
- March 12-16, 2018 and April 4-18, 2018: Classroom Visits
- April 25, 2018: Event and Announcement of Awards at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts from 6:00 - 8:00 PM.
Awards are presented at the annual ArtsEd Forever! event.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Award Application Portal:
For Additional Information Contact:
Tayina Deravile, Program Assistant
Broward County Cultural Division
100 South Andrews Avenue, 6th Floor
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
Broward Center for the Performing Arts
Abdo New River Room
201 Southwest 5th Avenue
Fort Lauderdale, FL
USA: Florida: Broward County