Organization Eligibility Requirements:
- Demonstrate 501(c)(3) federal tax exempt status as a private, not for profit organization incorporated in New York State
- Be headquartered in the City of Yonkers
- Have a mission statement that clearly delineates the arts or local history/culture as primary, both in focus and in actual operation ("arts" includes developing skill in or knowledge of a discipline.)
- If a past grant recipient, your organization must be in good standing regarding submission of required reports
- The organization must operate in a way that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, disability or sexual orientation.
Artist Eligibility Requirements:
- Live in the City of Yonkers, or own/rent space in Yonkers at the time of the application and for the duration of the planned project.
- If a past grant recipient, you must be in good standing regarding submission of required reports
The following are not eligible for a Yonkers Arts Initiative award:
- Projects/programs that are operated by the City of Yonkers or are part of the service the City provides to residents
- General operating support requests
- Capital projects
- Programs, projects, activities funded through an ArtsWestchester grant in another category
- Fundraising activities
- Deficit-reduction activities
- Programs/activities open only to members and/or in a closed in-school or after-school setting
- Purchase of equipment or non-consumable supplies or materials
- Grant-making organizations/activities
- Prize money or awards
- Purchase of refreshments
- Tuition-based classes or instructional programs, except need-based financial aid
- Programs/activities that are primarily therapeutic, except by prior approval.
Please Note: Organizations that receive direct support from Westchester County Government are not eligible for ArtsWestchestert grants.