Foundation / Corporation
High Point Community Foundation
08/16/17 5:00 PM
Grants of up to $50,000 to North Carolina nonprofits, churches, municipalities, and schools for programs and projects in the Greater High Point area that focus on the areas of education, food security, and/or community cohesion. Priorities for each of these focus areas are outlined below. Funding will be provided for capital support and program support for new or existing programs that address community opportunities or needs.
The Foundation particularly seeks out projects where a modest grant can make a significant impact.
1. Education – The Foundation especially seeks to support organizations that partner with, or directly support, the aims of Say Yes Guilford to make all local students college and career ready.
2. Food Security – The Foundation aims to support short-term hunger relief and long-term sustainability solutions to ending the causes of hunger.
3. Community Cohesion – The Foundation supports projects that bring the greater High Point community together and build a sense of civic pride and unity.
Other grant-making objectives are to:
- Support creative responses to existing or emerging community problems
- Support efforts that recognize and build on our community’s strengths and assets
- Reach a broad segment of the community by making grants for a wide range of purposes
- Address underlying causes rather than symptoms of problems
- Support projects that are preventative and farsighted rather than remedial
- Increase opportunities for people from low-income and underserved portions of the community
- Increase cooperation and coordination among program providers
- Leverage additional program support from other private and public funding sources
Note: Schools that are applying for a grant must have a project that will impact the entire school and not just a single classroom.
GrantWatch ID#: 141675
The maximum allowed will be $50,000 for grant requests both program and capital.
The Foundation does not make repeat or multiple-year grants.
The Foundation considers requests from public charities, including:
- Nonprofits (501c3)
- Churches (501c3 or other)
Applicants must be located in, or serving, the greater High Point area.
Nonprofits must have their own 501(c)(3) status.
Schools that are applying for a grant must have a project that will impact the entire school and not just a single classroom. They must also have the approval of their school principal.
The High Point Community Foundation does not make grants for the following: general operating support, costs already incurred, endowments, loans or mortgages, sectarian purposes, political purposes, or to individuals. State wide or national programs will not be considered unless funding is sought for a portion of the program that directly benefits the greater High Point area.
Organizations may not submit more than application for funding per grant cycle.
Note: Nonprofit organizations can only receive grants from the Community Foundation for two consecutive years; after this they must take one year off before they can apply again.
The application process is entirely online. Access to the 2017 Annual Grants application begins on June 1st and will close on August 16th.
If you would like to view the application only and print a pdf version, please click here: https://www.grantinterface.com/Process/Apply?urlkey=highpoint
Approved applications are reviewed by the Grants Committee, who then select which organizations will be invited to make a presentation to the committee. These presentations take place in October and grant checks are awarded in November.
Grant Application Information:
Grant Application Instructions:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Click here to create an account and begin the online application process: https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=highpoint
If you have questions, please call Karol Murks, Director of Accounting and Grants, at the Foundation office at 336-882-3297 or email@example.com.
USA: North Carolina: Greater High Point Area