Charleston County - Charleston Area Project Impact
12/20/18 5:00 PM
Grants of up to $500 to South Carolina elementary and middle schools in Berkeley, Charleston, and Dorchester Counties for artistic projects that educate students about local natural disasters, as well as environmental awareness and protection. Funding is intended to encourage the innovative use of art, music, theater, or hands-on activities with students in area schools to educate about the types of hazard events experienced in the South Carolina Lowcountry, and ways to minimize losses associated with these types of events.
- Prepare and protect yourself and the community from hazards events. Some examples of hazard events include earthquakes, hurricanes, tornadoes, fires/wildfires, floods, severe weather and heat.
- Reduce air and water pollution in the community through action, education, and outreach. Examples of environmental issues include marine pollution, open burning, stormwater, vehicle idling, transportation, landscaping and hazardous materials.
GrantWatch ID#: 142277
Several awardees dependent on the applications received.
Grants are not to exceed $500.
Final project presentation and/or report, pictures, or video is due by Friday, May 17, 2019 (or earlier)
This award program is intended for Berkeley, Charleston, and Dorchester County elementary and middle schools.
To be eligible for the Project Impact STOMP Award:
- Complete an application demonstrating that the project will be used to improve elementary or middle school education with a hazard-related or environmental quality theme.
- Show how your project complements the goals and objectives of Project Impact.
- Deadline for STOMP Applications: 5:00 PM, December 20, 2018
- Approximate STOMP Notification Date: January 8, 2019
- Final Reimbursement receipts due: on or before May 1, 2019
- Project Due Date: May 17, 2019
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Mail, email, or fax applications to:
Charleston Area Project Impact
4045 Bridgeview Drive, Rm. A-311
North Charleston, SC 29405-7464
Fax: (843) 202-6954
Direct questions to the email address above or to:
Katie Faith at (843) 202-6940 or
Cindy Cahill at (843) 202-6943
USA: South Carolina: Berkeley, Charleston, and Dorchester Counties