Foundation / Corporation
05/01/19 5:00 PM
Grants ranging from $5,000 to $10,000 to Massachusetts nonprofit organizations for programs and projects that serve members of local Asian communities. Funding is intended for projects that align with the following areas of focus: civic engagement and youth development.
Funding priorities are:
- Youth development (with a preference for intergenerational engagement)
- Civic engagement (including voter engagement and community activism efforts)
- Organizations and projects that directly engage members of Asian communities to create change in their community
- Collaborative models
- New and emerging agencies
- Organizations with an overall operating budget of $2M or less
GrantWatch ID#: 142324
Grants will generally range from $5,000 to $10,000.
Saffron Circle funds non-profit organizations serving Asian and Asian American communities in Massachusetts. For non-Asian organizations, funds will only be rewarded for programs directly related to serving Asians or Asian Americans. Eligible organizations must be located in Massachusetts and tax-exempt (either 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(3)-sponsored).
Ineligible applicants and programs:
- Scholarships or fellowships
- Public relations (with the exception of public education campaigns)
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Political parties, organization for specific candidates, political action committees and/or any organizations that exist to support them
- Government and other municipal organizations
- Building campaigns (no brick and mortar)
Saffron Circle's grantee application process will begin in March 2019, with applications due by May 1, 2019. Members meet through the months of March, April, and May with decisions made by the beginning of June.
2019 Application Materials: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ouvGngVZCJUYKfTA5G8BbvNmaex3jM4Y
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
If you have any questions, please contact Saffron Circle’s grant committee co-chairs, Peter Tam and Christine Nguyen at firstname.lastname@example.org.