New York State Education Department and New York State Board of Regents
Awards to a New York teacher and a citizen for their contributions to Holocaust education or other violations of human rights. Eligible nominees for the teacher award are K-12 public or private school teachers for courses taught and activities held within the past five years. The award for a citizen honors Holocaust survivors and scholars of the Holocaust and other human rights issues.
Teaching Award Criteria: The nominee’s work related to the Holocaust and other violations of human rights will be judged according to the following criteria:
* Activities in public and/or nonpublic schools, including courses taught, extracurricular activities for students, school-wide programming, etc. within the last 5 years.
* Activities outside of school, such as workshops, presentations, exhibits, etc. which have benefited professional associations, higher education institutions, cultural institutions, civic groups, and/or service organizations within the last 5 years.
* Total number of students, teachers, and others reached through both in school and out of school activities.
* Impact of work on students, the local community, professionals and others.
The Louis E. Yavner Citizen Award was established to honor Holocaust survivors, scholars of the Holocaust and human rights issues, and self-taught experts who help to educate students about these difficult topics.
Citizen Award Critera: The general criteria for this award are:
* Contributions on a local, regional and/or statewide basis,to education about the Holocaust and other violations of human rights;
* Total number of students, teachers, and others reached through the candidate’s work;
* Impact of candidate’s contributions on others.
GrantWatch ID#: 142663
State Education Department staff are not eligible for these awards.
Award winners will be notified in the spring. Their names will remain confidential until the award ceremony at a Board of Regents meeting.
List of prior award winners: http://www.p12.nysed.gov/ciai/Yavner/yavnerwinners.html
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
USA: New York