Foundation / Corporation
Susan G. Komen Virginia Blue Ridge
12/01/17 12:00 PM
Grants to Virginia nonprofits, educational institutions, and government agencies in the Blue Ridge area for programs in the areas of breast health, breast cancer screening, education, treatment, and support projects. New applicants must attend a grant workshop or webinar on September 26 or October 3, 2017.
The Komen Virginia Blue Ridge Affiliate has identified the following funding priority areas:
1. Promoting the importance of early detection and increasing the number of residents (especially Black/African American individuals) who receive breast cancer screenings within:
- The Central Blue Ridge Region (Roanoke County, Roanoke City, Radford City)
- The South Central Region (Patrick County, Henry County, Martinsville City)
- Wythe County
- Danville City
- Lynchburg City
2. Increasing access to quality breast health services (especially for Black/African American individuals) by providing transportation to and from breast health appointments for residents of:
- Henry County
- Patrick County
- Radford City
- Roanoke County
- Wythe County
3. Increasing access to quality breast health services (especially for Black/African American individuals) by using relevant, culturally competent educational materials to address one or more of the following barriers: lack of knowledge concerning transportation options, low health literacy, fear of a breast cancer diagnosis, and lack of health insurance.
GrantWatch ID#: 142955
Programs are to be held during the fiscal year April 1, 2018, to March 31, 2019.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria to be considered for funding:
- Program must be specific to breast health and/or breast cancer. If a program includes other health issues along with breast cancer, such as a breast and cervical cancer program, funding may only be requested for the breast cancer portion.
- All past and current Komen-funded grants or awards to Applicant are up-to-date and in compliance with Komen requirements.
- Applicant has documentation of current tax exempt status under the Internal Revenue Service code.
- Applicant must be a 501 C(3) non-profit organization, educational institution, or government agency located in or providing services to one or more of the Affiliate’s 42 cities and counties.
Individuals served must reside in one of the following locations:
Alleghany, Amherst, Bath, Bedford, Bland, Botetourt, City of Bristol, Buchanan, City of Buena Vista, Campbell, Carroll, City of Covington, City of Danville, Dickenson, Craig, Floyd, Franklin, City of Galax, Giles, Grayson, Henry, Lee, City of Lexington, City of Lynchburg, City of Martinsville, Montgomery, City of Norton, Patrick, Pittsylvania, Pulaski, City of Radford, Roanoke, City of Roanoke, Rockbridge, Russell, City of Salem, Scott, Smyth, Tazewell, Washington, and Wythe.
- If applicant, or any of its key employees, directors, officers or agents is convicted of fraud or a crime involving any other financial or administrative impropriety in the 12 months prior to the submission deadline for the application, then applicant is not eligible to apply for a grant until 12 months after the conviction. After such 12 month period, applicant must demonstrate in its application that appropriate remedial measures have been taken to ensure that any criminal misconduct does not recur.
New applicants are required to attend one of the grant application workshops in order for your organization to be considered for funding. Returning applicants can elect to attend one of the grant application workshops or participate remotely in the grant writing webinar.
Grant Writing Workshops
Tuesday, September 26, 2017
Grant Writing Workshop – 10:00 AM –12:30 PM
Virginia Highlands Community College, Abingdon, Virginia
Grant Writing Webinar – 10:00 AM –12:30 PM
Tuesday, October 3, 2017
Grant Writing Workshop – 9:30 AM – 12:00 PM
New Horizons Healthcare, Roanoke, Virginia
Grant Writing Webinar – 9:30 AM – 12:00 PM
Friday, December 2, 2017
Application Deadline – 12:00 PM
The online submission process will be covered during this event.
Applicants are welcome to schedule appointments with Mission Coordinator Elizabeth Hand to discuss the application process. All proposals must be submitted online through the Grants e-Management System (GeMS). No direct mail/fax copies or late submissions will be accepted.
More on program areas: http://komenvablueridge.org/grants/our-community-need-2/
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Register for grant workshops and webinars: email@example.com
Apply online: https://affiliategrants.komen.org
(540) 400-8222 ext. 3
Susan G. Komen Virginia Blue Ridge
4910 Valley View Blvd., Suite 212
Roanoke, VA, 24012
See Additional Eligibility above for detailed Local Grant Coverage information.