Foundation / Corporation
02/28/19 - Last day of every month is the deadline to submit completed applications
In-kind grants of lacrosse equipment to USA nonprofit schools and community organizations to support lacrosse programs for economically disadvantaged youth between the ages of five and eighteen years old. Funding may be used to support new or existing programs. The purpose of the grant program is to provide affordable and accessible youth lacrosse activities to their students and participants.
The grant equipment package options are as follows:
- The Starter Kit Package provides 30 lacrosse sticks, two dozen soft practice balls, and two 3’x3’ goals to help organizations introduce the sport to new participants! Organizations may select the combo package option on the application, which provides 15 boys’ sticks and 15 girls’ sticks.
- The Youth Team Grant provides enough equipment for 20 field players and 1 goalie. Organizations may select the combo package option on the application, which provides a boys’ team grant and a girls’ team grant, as long as the youth participants from both teams are in the same age bracket; 6U, 8U, 10U, 12U, or 14U.
- The High School Team Grant provides enough equipment for 20 field players and 1 goalie. Organizations may select the combo package option on the application, which provides a boys’ team grant and a girls’ team grant.
Upon submitting an application, please understand that you are agreeing to the following terms (if awarded):
1. Awarded organizations will participate in the US Lacrosse Member Program. Awarded organizations may take advantage of the complimentary membership for up to 20 youth or high school players (30 youth players for starter kit recipients), and up to 2 adult coaches. Additional memberships will cost the full amount as indicated on the US Lacrosse Membership webpage.
2. Any organization that receives a Youth of High School Team Grant is required to complete an Equipment Order Form and submit their roster of participants and coaches prior to US Lacrosse placing equipment orders. The Equipment Order Form and roster template will be e-mailed to all grant recipients.
3. The granted lacrosse equipment is to be used and maintained properly for the continued use by the awarded organization. US Lacrosse National Headquarters reserves the right to terminate this grant agreement at any time for improper equipment usage or sale of grant equipment. If the awarded organization ceases to operate, all equipment must be returned to your US Lacrosse Regional Manager at the programs own expense for redistribution to another local program in need.
GrantWatch ID#: 143021
- Approximate retail value of each Starter Kit Package is $1,300.
- Approximate retail value of each Girls' Youth Grant is $2,000.
- Approximate retail value of each Girls' High School Grant is $2,000.
- Approximate retail value of each Boys' Youth Grant is $7,000.
- Approximate retail value of each Boys' High School Grant is $10,500.
All applicants must meet each of the following criteria:
- Your organization directly serves youth between the ages of 5-18 years old
- Your organization serves youth in an economically disadvantaged area
- Your organization is located in the United States
- Your organization operates an organized sport, recreational activity, or fitness program that offers consistent and structured opportunity for lacrosse play to large groups of children
- Demonstrate their ability to deliver sports/physical activity programming to kids 5-18 through experienced and committed leadership.
- Deliver a minimum 6-week sports/physical activity program with preference given to organizations working consistently with both boys and girls throughout the year.
- Be nonprofit organizations with a 501(c)(3) designation. All grant proposals must be accompanied by a copy of the current IRS determination letter indicating 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status.
Only one application per organization.
Additionally, US Lacrosse is not able to provide a First Stick grant to the following:
- Short-term events such as camps and tournaments
- For-profit organizations
Monthly Application Cycle:
- Last day of each month: deadline to submit completed applications for the upcoming grant cycle
- 15th of each month: US Lacrosse will notify applicants via email
2019 Application Timeline:
The First Stick application will open on Monday, September 10, 2018 and will close on Tuesday, April 30, 2019. US Lacrosse will award equipment grants every month starting in October 2018 and ending in May 2019.
2018-19 Application Deadlines:
- Applications submitted on 9/10 - 9/30 will be reviewed during the October cycle
- Applications submitted on 10/1 - 10/31 will be reviewed during the November cycle
- Applications submitted on 11/1 - 11/30 will be reviewed during the December cycle
- Applications submitted on 12/1 - 12/31 will be reviewed during the January cycle
- Applications submitted on 1/1 - 1/31 will be reviewed during the February cycle
- Applications submitted on 2/1 - 2/28 will be reviewed during the March cycle
- Applications submitted on 3/1 - 3/31 will be reviewed during the April cycle
- Applications submitted on 4/1 - 4/30 will be reviewed during the May cycle
US Lacrosse will place all equipment orders starting in January.
Please contact your US Lacrosse Regional Manager if you have any questions or concerns.
The organization can apply to receive a Starter Kit Package, Youth Team Grant, or High School Team Grant. The organization cannot apply for a Starter Kit Package and a Team Grant. The organization cannot apply for a Youth Team Grant and a High School Team Grant.
Once your application is e-mailed to US Lacrosse, you can expect to receive a confirmation e-mail from a Sport Development representative within 72 hours of submitting your application (it is not an automated e-mail). Contact US Lacrosse if you did not receive the confirmation e-mail within 72 hours of submitting your application.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Send in your completed application and a copy of your IRS determination letter as email attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2 Loveton Circle
Sparks, MD 21152
Phone: (410) 235-6882
Fax: (410) 366-6735
Chapter Regional Staff Contacts:
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming