Foundation / Corporation
Association for Information Science and Technology (ASIS&T)
Award of $1,000 to a USA, Canada, or International individual for outstanding work in teaching in the field of information science. Teaching some aspect of information science should represent a significant portion of the nominee's work, whether in an academic or non-academic setting. In addition to academic courses, workshops, speeches, publications, and presentations can also be used to teach information science.
Applications will be scored based on the following elements:
1) Evidence of sustained and unique contributions to teaching information science;
2) Impact on students, colleagues, and institutions;
3) Innovative and imaginative teaching materials and methods;
4) Professional association activities related to teaching excellence;
5) Research activities related to teaching excellence; and
6) Previous teaching awards.
GrantWatch ID#: 143120
The award shall consist of a cash award of $1,000. Additionally, Thomson Reuters shall contribute $500 towards travel or other expenses to the grant recipient, contingent upon the recipient's attending the ASIS&T annual meeting, and $250 to ASIS&T Headquarters towards administrative fees.
1) The recipient of the award need not be a member of the Society, but must be directly engaged in teaching some aspect of information science on a continuing basis, in an academic or a non-academic setting.
2) Nominees need not be associated with an educational institution; however, teaching information science must represent a significant work responsibility, although it need not occur within the traditional classroom.
3) Previous recipients of the award are ineligible, as are members of the Education Committee during the year of the award.
Nominations should be submitted electronically by August 1 (extended from July 1).
The award shall be presented to the winner by the Chair of the Information Science Education Committee at the banquet of the annual meeting of the Society.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To apply: https://www.softconf.com/asist2/Teacher_of_the_Year/cgi-bin/scmd.cgi?scmd=basicSubmit
Richard Hill, Executive Director
Association for Information Science and Technology
8555 16th Street, Suite 850
Silver Spring, Maryland 20910
General Inquiries Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
USA Territories: American Samoa (USA) Guam (USA) Puerto Rico (USA) Virgin Islands (USA) Northern Mariana Islands (USA)
USA Compact Free Associations: The Federated States of Micronesia (USA) Marshall Islands (USA) Republic of Palau (USA)
Canada: Alberta British Columbia Manitoba New Brunswick Newfoundland and Labrador Northwest Territories Nova Scotia Nunavut Ontario Prince Edward Island Quebec Saskatchewan Yukon
International country outside of the USA, Israel and Canada.