Nevada Arts Council (NAC)
03/15/19 5:00 PM PST
Grants of up to $5,000 to Nevada nonprofit arts and non-arts organizations, agencies, schools, libraries, and IHEs for a variety of arts and cultural projects. Funding is intended for a single activity or a number of connected activities, including performances, art exhibits, concerts and festivals, readings, and learning programs.
These arts programs contribute to the health and diversity of Nevada's economy and workforce, increasing tourism, strengthening communities, and fostering education through the arts.
Funds must be used for relevant project expenses, including artist fees, production expenses, marketing, planning, and program evaluation.
GrantWatch ID#: 143132
Up to $5,000, with a 1:1 cash match.
Project completion: June 30, 2020.
Nevada 501(c)(3) incorporated nonprofit organizations (arts and non-arts) and public institutions, including federally recognized tribes, state, or local governments, schools, public libraries, and institutions of higher education are eligible to apply.
Units of Government/Public Institutions: Facilities/departments with their own budgets can apply independently even if they are under the same institution/Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN).
Fiscal Agents may be used in this grant category for organizations without 501(c)(3) status.
Funds may not be used for:
- General operating support or purchase of permanent equipment -
- Pre-K through 12th-grade classes, workshops, or programs.
- Any portions of the projects already completed or underway
- Capital expenditures for land or general purpose equipment with a cost of over $2,500
- Cash prizes
- Costs of competition awards
- Fines, penalties, or debt collection costs
- Costs related to filing for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status with the Internal Revenue Service
- Travel outside Canada, Mexico, the United States, and its territories and possessions
- Fundraising efforts or the money spent in order to raise additional funds (such as social events and benefits)
- Hospitality or Entertainment Expenses (including food, beverages and gratuities for openings, receptions, parties or other hospitality functions)
- Journalism, historical or academic documentary film and electronic media arts that do NOT demonstrate significant artistic emphasis, consideration, and distinction
- Legal fees or litigation costs
- Lobbying expenses
- Preparation for, or travel to, competitions (except for Poetry Out Loud participants)
- Projects with implicit religious content that may be perceived as advancing a religious purpose
- Publication subvention
- Reduction of debt including interest expenses paid on loans, debts or borrowed capital
- Renovation, remodeling, restoration or new construction
- Reserve funds
- Salaries and overhead of public and private schools, colleges, universities, and government agencies
- Student scholarships for academic credit or awards for student work.
Deadline for applications: March 15, 2019.
If awarded, grantees may request 90% of the award right away. To receive the final 10% of funding, grantees must complete the Final Report online within 45 days of project completion or by June 30, 2020, whichever is first.
1:1 cash match is required. NAC requires that grantees report all in-kind contributions of goods and services as they have a cash value and demonstrate a broad base of community support.
PGO grantees may receive up to two Arts Learning Express Grants in the same fiscal year, but are ineligible for other NAC grants.
Grant FAQs: http://nvculture.org/nevadaartscouncil/grants-faq/
Applicant Resources: http://nvculture.org/nevadaartscouncil/grants/resources-for-grant-applicants/
How to Use the Online Grant System (video): https://youtu.be/2h6fgGx3aOk
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: https://nevadaartscouncil.submittable.com/submit
For technical support contact: email@example.com
(855) 467-8264, ext. 2
For questions regarding Nevada Arts Council grants and applications contact:
Nevada Arts Council – Grant Management Team
716 N. Carson St., Ste A
Carson City, NV 89701
Phone: (775) 687-7104