Foundation / Corporation
Baptist Health Foundation of San Antonio (BHFSA)
07/31/17 12:00 PM Noon
Grants of up to $7,500 to Texas nonprofit organizations in eligible counties for community health programs, and particularly in communities demonstrating a great need. Funding is intended for programs in Atascosa, Bandera, Bexar, Comal, Guadalupe, Kendall, Medina and Wilson Counties.
The goals of the Foundation include:
- To assist in increasing an organization’s capacity to provide health services.
- Support grassroots health activities.
- Encourage health ministry development and activity among churches in high-need communities.
- Provide seed funding for activities that help leverage greater opportunities and serve a greater need with a small grant.
Although requests for various needs are welcomed, the following is intended to illustrate the types of requests that the Foundation is interested in considering:
- Material costs, such as medical equipment, health education material, medical supplies, computer hardware and software.
- Technical costs, such as technical training, staff development, continuing education, board development, strategic planning, evaluation, and training materials.
- Activities that are a result of a partnership between health providers and community organizations and churches.
GrantWatch ID#: 143505
Grants may be $7,500 or less.
The Board prefers to make single-year grant awards. At the Board’s discretion, multi-year requests (2 or 3 years) may be considered but are rare.
- Grants must be for use within at least one of the following Texas counties: Atascosa, Bandera, Bexar, Comal, Guadalupe, Kendall, Medina, or Wilson.
- Organizations must have at least one full year of operating history to be considered.
- An organization must be recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as a 501(c)(3) public charity to be considered for funding.
- Services cannot be restricted to a specific group, congregation, or membership.
For Community Impact Grants, the Foundation is not interested in considering requests for:
- Ongoing health and human service program costs.
- Operations costs.
- Vehicle purchases.
- Food commodities purchases.
- Salaries or benefits costs.
For funding consideration, requests will be accepted through July 31, 2017 at noon. Proposals will be acknowledged via email immediately after submission. Please contact the Foundation if an email acknowledgement is not received within 3 days of submission.
Applicants do not have to go through a Letter of Inquiry (LOI) process. An online application can be submitted without it having been invited to do so from the Foundation.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Register and apply online:
If you have any questions, please contact Liz Cantu, Executive Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Baptist Health Foundation of San Antonio
750 East Mulberry Avenue, Suite 325
San Antonio, Texas 78212-3107
USA: Texas: Atascosa, Bandera, Bexar, Comal, Guadalupe, Kendall, Medina, and Wilson