Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources (DNR)
08/01/19 - Deadline for Supplemental Maintenance projects
Grants to Wisconsin counties and tribes for the maintenance and development of snowmobile trails. Applicants must contact the funding source program staff prior to applying. Funding is intended for bridge and trail rehabilitation for the purpose of providing the public with safe, well-maintained, and properly signed trails for recreational purposes.
Eligible Snowmobile Bridge Rehabilitation projects:
- Replacement of entire structure including approaches and abutments
- Repair to the superstructure of the bridge
- Replacement of the entire deck and railings
- Repair or replacement of protective riprap around abutments or footings
Eligible Trail Rehabilitation projects:
- Clearing of trees from storm damage to re-establish the trail corridor
- Filling and grading to re-establish the trail tread damaged as a result of erosion
- Widening and straightening trail segments to improve visibility.
For more information related to eligible projects, see:
Trail funds are distributed according to the following priority-ranked purposes:
- Maintenance of existing approved trails, including purchase of county liability insurance and acquisition of easements of less than three years
- Club signing program (obsolete program)
- Major bridge reconstruction or rehabilitation
- Route signing program
- Trail rehabilitation (prioritized by mandatory relocation, discretionary relocation, new bridges)
- Development of new trails, including acquisition of land interests for a period of 3 years or greater or in fee simple.
For information about Maintenance, see:
GrantWatch ID#: 143594
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
For questions about Snowmobile Trail Aids, contact your community service specialist:
Cathy Burrow, Snowmobile Grant Manager
Department of Natural Resources
PO Box 7921
101 S. Webster
Madison WI 53707-7921