Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission (PFBC)
09/30/19 - Deadline for consideration for the following fiscal year; however, applications may be submitted at any time.
Grants to Pennsylvania government agencies and private businesses that operate and own boating facilities for the maintenance, renovation, and construction of pumpout and dump stations for use by the general boating public. Funding may defray the cost of new equipment, the renovation or upgrade of existing equipment, as well as necessary pumps, piping, fitting, lift stations, on-site holding tanks, pier or dock modifications, signs, permits and other miscellaneous equipment needed for a complete and efficient station.
Projects for facility development must have objectives related to one or more of the following purposes:
- Provide public access to boat sewage pumpout.
- Enhance public use of boat sewage pumpout facilities.
- Operation activities that will assure that affordable, clean and convenient pumpout facilities are available and functioning. This would include costs for operating the equipment, labor and disposal costs.
- Upkeep activities necessary to allow the facility to function, and include routine recurring custodial maintenance and minor repairs, as well as the supplies, materials and tools necessary to carry out the work. Also included is non-routine cyclical maintenance to keep facilities fully functional. Cyclical maintenance is major maintenance or renovation activities conducted at intervals normally greater than one year.
- Any activity necessary to hold and transport sewage-to-sewage treatment plants, such as holding tanks, piping, haulage costs; and any activity necessary to get sewage treatment plants to accept sewage, such as installing bleed-in facilities.
Responsibilities under the grant program:
1. All recreational boats must have access to the pumpout and dump stations funded under this grant program. The grant recipient must guarantee that the facilities will be operated, maintained and be accessible to all recreational boats for the full useful life of the station.
2. A sign depicting the national pumpout symbol shall be installed to be clearly visible to boaters.
3. An informational sign shall be installed at pumpout and dump stations. This sign shall specify fees, restrictions, hours of operation, operating instructions and a contact name and telephone number to call if the facility is inoperable.
4. The signs must also acknowledge that the facility was constructed or improved with funds from the Sport Fish Restoration Program, through the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission.
The Commission encourages the free use of facilities constructed under this program; a maximum of $5 can be charged.
For information about the different types of marine boat sewage pumpout stations and waste reception facilities, see:
GrantWatch ID#: 143612
Applicant must demonstrate the capability of completing this project within the two-year contract period or other stipulated completion period.
The applicant must have the resources to operate and maintain the pumpout facility for a period of 7 years.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit applications to:
Pa Fish and Boat Commission
Bureau of Boating and Access
Clean Vessel Act Program
PO Box 67000
Harrisburg PA 17106-7000
Questions can be directed to RA-BoatGrants@state.pa.us
Fundraising opportunity for USA, Canada, and International nonprofit organizations to host a jazz concert held in honor of their organization or cause. Applicants must contact the funding source prior to applying. In addition to funds raised through concert ticket sales
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations to reduce social inequality and promote solutions to the climate crisis. Eligible programs will address the areas of racial and economic justice, corporate and political accountability; voice, creativity, and culture; and an inclusi
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations for projects that benefit women and girls. The purpose of this grant program is to effect social change and promote gender equality. Grant funds may be used to support existing or new programs. Eligible applicants must work within t
Grants to USA, Canada, and International independent filmmakers for feature-length documentary films in development stage to post-production. Funding is intended to support independent, nonfiction films that demonstrate effective storytelling, feasibility and originalit
Grant to a USA nonprofit organization to improve healthcare among underserved populations. Applicants are advised to verify or create the required registrations well in advance of the deadline date. The purpose of the program is to educate mental health professionals ab
Grants to Pennsylvania nonprofit organizations for programs and projects to benefit communities in eligible regions. Applicants must submit a letter of inquiry prior to submitting a full application. Funding is intended for programs to foster healthy communities, create
Grant of $9,500 to a USA, Canada, or International graduate psychology student for research and demonstration projects that foster understanding of the relationship between self-identity and scholastic achievement, primarily for children in kindergarten through eighth g
Grants to USA, Mexico, and Haiti nonprofits, for-profit organizations, and government entities for programs and services that improve the quality of life for underserved children. Focus areas include working families, equitable communities, and thriving children. The Fu
Grants to USA colleges, universities, and nonprofit media arts organizations for film fellowships and scholarships. Funding is intended to support film projects by students and fellows in the early stages of their careers. Films can be comprised of, but are not limited,
Donations to USA nonprofit organizations for programming support for arts, pre-K-12 education, and literacy programs across the country. In addition, sponsorship opportunities are provided to USA for-profit and nonprofit organizations focusing on literacy, the arts, a