THE DAYTON FOUNDATION African American Community Fund (AACF)
Funding or PIN Number:
USA: Ohio: Dayton/Greater Miami Valley region
Deadline: 09/30/23 5:00 PM - Postmark and electronic receipt
Add to calendar
Grants of up to $1,000 to Ohio nonprofit organizations in eligible locations for programs and projects that benefit African-American communities. Funding is intended to support a variety of public charitable purposes, including social services, mentoring and education, health and wellness, and the arts. Eligible organizations serve the residents of the Greater Miami Valley and Dayton region.
The Foundation generally funds projects that:
Provide for more efficient use of community resources;
Promote coordination, cooperation, and sharing among organizations;
Promote volunteer participation and citizen involvement in community affairs; or
Expand an existing project or initiative.
Examples of Funded Grants:
Hard goods (equipment, clothing, school supplies);
The African-American Community Fund (AACF) accepts grant applications from qualified 501(c)(3) organizations in the Dayton/Greater Miami Valley area.
Eligible organizations must:
- Be recognized as a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt non-profit organization, according to the Internal Revenue Code;
- Benefit the citizens in the Dayton/Greater Miami Valley region;
- Have a diversity/inclusion policy; and
- Address needs that are not fully met by existing organizational or community resources
What the Foundation Generally Does Not Fund:
- General organizational operations;
- Annual fundraising drives;
- Scholarships and travel grants; and
- Endowment funds.
AACF's FY23 Grant Cycle will open from July 1, 2023, to September 30, 2023.
The original application packet must be postmarked on or before the deadline date; in addition, the emailed copy of the application below must be sent by the deadline date and time.