Foundation / Corporation
Iowa Women’s Foundation (IWF)
04/30/19 5:00 PM CDT Receipt
Grants of up to $10,000 to Iowa nonprofit organizations to enhance the lives of women and girls within the state. Funding is intended for programs that address the most crucial barriers to self-sufficiency that women and girls face, including: childcare, education and training, mentorship, employment, housing, and transportation.
IWF seeks to foster an environment in which each woman and girl has the resources - human, social, and financial, necessary for a successful future. These resources come in many forms: a living wage, warm roofs overhead, enough food on the table, adequate clothing, timely care for medical needs, readily available transportation, appropriate vocational training, and safe affordable child care. In this vision of the future, human security is the norm and all women are active, contributing members of society.
IWF grants typically embody one or more of the following characteristics:
- Advocate on issues that lead to long-term change for women and girls
- Employ strategies designed to address causes of systemic, societal problems
- Address activities that enable women and girls as a group to achieve economic self-sufficiency
- Offer strategies that develop positive self-images for young and adolescent girls
- Promote prevention, early intervention, and enrichment activities
- Are creative, innovative, and new to the community they serve
- Increase the range of choices and expand opportunities for women and girls
- Work toward the elimination of discrimination
- Could provide a model for replication by other service providers addressing the same clients or similar needs
- Promote the interconnectedness of issues across states, regions, or countries between the women in Iowa and the global world
GrantWatch ID#: 143869
The Foundation began considering awards up to $10,000 per project in the 2017-2018 cycle.
IWF grants run January 1 to December 31. Projects must be completed within one year. Occasionally, projects may be considered for additional funding in subsequent grant cycles usually up to a total of three years (including the year of the initial grant).
Nonprofit (501(c)(3) tax-exempt) organizations or grassroots groups serving women and girls in Iowa are encouraged to apply for IWF grants.
Ineligible projects and programs:
- Existing or new endowment funds
- Capital projects such as the acquisition of land, buildings and major equipment; or the construction or renovation of facilities
- Conference attendance
- Reimbursement for previously incurred expenses
- Political campaigns for candidates
- Promotion of religious activities
- Activities inconsistent with federal, state, and local non-discrimination ordinances regarding equal employment opportunity
The IWF hosted a Statewide Information Session via the online conferencing service, Zoom, on March 14, 2019.
Recording of the Session: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Fj5lWQjNwQ
All applications must be received by the IWF office no later than 5:00 PM CDT on Tuesday, April 30, 2019.
Grant applicants will be notified in September 2019.
Those whose grant proposals are successful will be featured at the Annual Awards Luncheon to be held on October 3, 2019.
The IWF provides the opportunity for you to have a mentor review a draft of your grant application prior to official submission. If you are interested in a mentor, please send an email and include “Mentor Inquiry” in the subject line. Requests for assistance from a mentor must be received by March 4, 2019.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to utilize data from the SHE Matters reports that these discussions and additional research yielded when preparing their grant proposals. Reports can be found at: https://iawf.org/core-grants
Grant Writing Resources: https://iawf.org/grantmaking/application/grant-writing-resources/
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
For general inquiries please contact:
Dawn Oliver Wiand, IWF Executive Director
To learn more about IWF, IWF grants, or the IWF grant application process please email email@example.com.
Iowa Women’s Foundation
2201 East Grantview Drive, Suite 200
Coralville, IA 52241