Foundation / Corporation
I Am Trenton Community Foundation
07/09/19 11:59 PM
Grants of up to $2,500 to Trenton, New Jersey organizations, groups, and individuals for programs that benefit local residents. Applicants must attend a mandatory workshop in order to apply. Funding is intended to support a broad range of neighbor initiated projects and to provide them with an opportunity to test out their great ideas.
I Am Trenton Community Foundation was founded to put resources where they matter most — on the ground. What makes Trenton even better every day is the tireless commitment of people who care — people who teach their neighbors about flooding, throw festivals, help trauma victims heal, plant trees, clean their neighborhoods, teach kids robotics, install bike pumps and mini-libraries, lead yoga workshops, record oral histories, make films, and still find time to have fun with their friends.
At present, I Am Trenton Community Foundation encourages applicants to think low-cost and high-impact, where this approximate level of funding makes a real difference — a pilot project to test an approach, a resource that will increase program or organizational capacity, a way to make an existing program more inclusive to an under-served community, etc.
The main requirements are that projects have a community benefit and that they be for Trenton. Projects have to be Trenton focused, have a Trenton impact, and really be about Trenton, NJ.
GrantWatch ID#: 143975
The Foundation does not put a cap on the amount you can apply for, but most I Am Trenton citywide grants have been in the range of $700-$1,500, and rarely exceed $2,500.
Projects are expected to run from September 7, 2019, to September 7, 2020.
In this grant cycle, the Foundation will accept and review proposals from individuals, groups, and organizations regardless of incorporation status. Successful applicants whose projects are funded and who do not have 501(c)3 status may be required to secure a fiscal sponsor in order to receive their grant.
There are a few types of projects that I Am Trenton Community Foundation cannot fund:
- Projects or organizations that discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability.
- Debt reduction or on-going operational support
- Capital campaigns or fundraising events
- Re-granting programs or scholarships
- Partisan political activities, lobbying, or efforts to influence an election
- Religious activities such as worship, religious instruction, or proselytizing. Religious organizations are welcome to apply for non-denominational activities that are open to all and do not require participation in religious activities or the profession of a specific religious belief.
A representative from the grant proposal must attend one of the mandatory workshops listed below. Workshops will be held at the Trenton Free Public Library (120 Academy Street, Trenton, NJ 08608):
- Saturday, June 22, 10:00 AM
- Wednesday, June 26, 6:00 PM
- The application deadline is July 9th at 11:59 pm.
- Applicants are expected to be notified of whether their application was accepted or rejected by the final week of August.
- There will be an award event at which approved grantees will receive their checks, to provide everyone an opportunity to meet and mingle.
Applicants must not email an application. Only applications submitted through the website will be reviewed.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
USA: New Jersey: Trenton