Monterey Bay Unified Air Pollution Control District
06/23/17 4:00 PM
Grants to Monterey, San Benito, and Santa Cruz Counties, California public agencies for projects that promote vehicle emission reduction. There will be an application workshop on April 12, 2017. Emission reduction projects must enable reduction of ozone precursor emissions (ROG, NOx) and PM from vehicle sources. Applicants may submit regional projects or those implemented in two or more counties.
Projects funded under this program must qualify in one of the following categories:
1. Direct Motor Vehicle Emissions Reduction: Projects for which travel activity data are available and allow District Staff to calculate the expected reductions in motor vehicle emissions. Projects in this category arescoredbased oncalculated emissions reduced. A quantifiable cost-effectiveness (C/E)score for these projects is therefore used to rank projects and is expressed in dollars per ton of pollutant reduced.
2. Electric Vehicle Voucher Replacement Incentive Program: Vouchers are available for public agency fleets under this program. Recipients must replace the existing public agency fleet vehicle with a battery electric vehicle (BEV).
3. Monterey Bay clean Vehicle Rebate Program:Rebates are available to the general public (no public agencies or private businesses) and may be used to purchase or lease new or used BEVs and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEV) and new fully electric motorcycles. The existing owned vehicle does not need to be replaced. New hydrogen fuel cell vehicles will also be eligible for rebates.
EV Voucher Replacement Program Awards shall be subject to the existing funding allocations based on population per county and the cap per electric vehicle shall be $10,000 for public agencies. New vehicles may be purchased or leased (minimum of 3 years required). Certified used vehicles may be purchased with a voucher funding cap of $7,500 (remaining battery life must be disclosed at time of purchase).
Clean Vehicle Program for the general public will be based on a first come first served basis until all program funds ($400,000) are depleted. Rebates for BEVs are capped at $2,000, rebates for PHEVs are capped at $1,000 and fully electric motorcycles are capped $500. General public rebates can be used for either purchase or lease (lease agreements must be a minimum of 30 months) of a new BEV or PHEV from an authorized dealer (existing owned vehicles do not need to be replaced). EV rebates will be limited to one vehicle per household.
GrantWatch ID#: 143977
The current maximum project award is $200,000. However, certain qualifying emission reduction projects that exhibit fixed costs that represent 75% or greater of the total project cost are eligible for awards up to $400,000.
EV Voucher Replacement Program - The cap per electric vehicle shall be $10,000 for public agencies.
Clean Vehicle Program - Rebates for BEVs are capped at $2,000, rebates for PHEVs are capped at $1,000 and fully electric motorcycles are capped $500. Used BEVs and PHEVs will be eligible for a scaled down rebate formula: $1000 for a used BEV and $500 for a used PHEV.
Costs must be incurred within a two-year period and invoiced no later than ninety days thereafter.
Only public agencies may apply for projects, which must be implemented in Monterey, San Benito and/or Santa Cruz Counties.
Although only public agencies may apply and receive funds, private entities may implement the projects under contract to these agencies.
To be eligible, a project must reduce, or enable the reduction of motor vehicle ozone precursor pollutants and particulate matter (10 microns in diameter or less).
The terms and conditions of the each Agreement vary, and include, but are not limited to the following:
1. All other funding needed to implement the project shall be secured prior to Grantee signature on the Grant Acceptance Agreement.
2. All expenditures for the project shall be incurred or invoiced after the start date and before the expiration date of the Grant Agreement.
3. Unless requested by the Grantee and included in the grant Agreement, advance payments are not allowed.
4. All grantees shall submit quarterly reimbursement requests throughout the project term along with a quarterly project progress report to receive payment for expenditures.
5. Grant funds shall be disbursed to the agency signing the Agreement, or to other parties if requested by Grantee and so specified in the Agreement.
6. Payment shall be within 30 days of District approval of a reimbursement request, unless otherwise specified in the Agreement.
7. All expenditures shall occur within the terms of the project (two years or less), unless extended by the District Board. Extensions will only be recommended by staff if delay was beyond the control of the Grantee.
Application Workshop #2 will take place on April 12, 2017 from 10 am – 12:00 pm, MBARD Office, 24580 Silver Cloud Ct., Monterey.
- March 24, 2017: Staff posts announcement and grant application packet to District website, www.MBARD.org
- June 23, 2017: All applications due to District Office no later than 4:00 PM
- July 7, 2017: Staff posts list of all eligible applicants for FY18 funding on District Website
- August 4, 2017: Staff completes scoring and ranking of eligible FY18 applications
- September 20, 2017: Staff grant award recommendations presented at September 2017 Board meeting. Selected projects are announced by Board.
Local match funding shall be required on all public agency electric vehicle incentive program projects.
The application submittal must be via email. All attached files must be in their original software file format, Do not send pdf files.
The EV replacement incentive program is limited to one (1) vehicle per agency with a recommended cap of $10K. New vehicles may be purchased or leased (minimum of 3 years required). Certified used vehicles may be purchased with a funding cap of $7,500 (remaining battery life must be disclosed at the time of purchase). Match funds are required for eligibility.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Monterey Bay Air Resources District
24580 Silver Cloud Court
Phone: (831) 647-9411
Fax: (831) 647-8501
USA: California: Monterey, San Benito, and Santa Cruz Counties