Foundation / Corporation
Rosalynn Carter Institute for Caregiving
Award of $15,000 to a USA individual or organization that has taken concrete action to address issues related to family, volunteer, and professional caregiving in the USA. Award nominees will be those that have clearly demonstrated progress in one or more of the following areas:
- Educating the public about the critical role family caregivers play in our nation’s long-term health care system and the risks associated with serving in that role
- Assuring that caregivers receive evidence-based, effective support services that target their identified needs
- Supporting the translation of evidence-based caregiver programs into community settings
- Advocating for tax and public policy changes
- Targeting investments that lead to sustainable funding
- Providing leadership for coordination of efforts to support family caregivers
The Foundation focuses on helping caregivers coping with chronic illness and disability across the lifespan.
GrantWatch ID#: 144395
This award includes a $15,000 cash award generously donated by Johnson & Johnson. In addition to the cash award, awardee(s) will receive a beautiful statuette originally commissioned by former RCI Board member, Val Halamandaris, and executed by renowned sculptor Frank Eliscu, designer of the Heisman Trophy.
The Rosalynn Carter Leadership in Caregiving Award goes to an individual or organization that has taken concrete action in making the Rosalynn Carter Institute's initiatives a reality.
There is no formal application form. Instead, please submit the following information via email by the deadline of August 31, 2017:
- Name and contact information for nominator
- Name and contact information for nominee(s)
- Narrative explanation (10 page limit) of how the nominee(s) have successfully addressed the caregiving crisis in one or more of the above areas
The winner will be announced at the 30th Anniversary Summit where they will receive their statue and have their picture taken with Former First Lady Rosalynn Carter.
Click here to see the 2016 winner and for more information about the award: https://gsw.edu/news/index/1512-nevada-senior-services-awarded-2016-rosalynn-carter-leadership-in-caregiving-award-at-national-summit
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit the application to Laura J. Bauer at Laura.Bauer@gsw.edu.
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming