California Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery (CalRecycle)
04/30/19 11:59 PM
Grants to California local conservation corps for recycling services and litter reduction projects that involve the collection of beverage containers, used oil, covered electronic waste, and waste tires. Funds are to be awarded equally among 13 LCCs or per a funding model agreed to by all Corps, and a reduced amount to one newly certified Corps according to CalRecycle’s funding methodology.
Funding is available for a wide range of projects within the following categories:
- Collection, sorting, storing, clean-up, and transfer of E-waste
- E-waste recycling (if permitted)
- Communication and coordination with partners, local or state government or businesses regarding E-waste events and services
- Organization, facilitation, and management of collection events
- Outreach and education to the public about E-waste, events, etc.
- Internships with E-waste businesses
- Collection, clean-up, hauling, and disposal of waste tires
- Communication and coordination with local and state government agencies related to remediation of waste tires at amnesty events and on public lands
- Outreach and education to the public about waste tire issues and collection events
- Internships with tire businesses
- Fee-based, non-commercial waste tire cleanup projects approved by CalRecycle
- Certified Collection Center (CCC) signage reviews
- Establishment and operation of a CCC
- Labor for filter exchange events, filter crushing and draining
- Purchase and distribution of Do-It-Yourself used oil kits, bilge pads, or other used oil remediation and management materials as approved by CalRecycle
- Outreach and education to the public about used oil (storm drain stenciling, dock walking, and distribution of Do-It-Yourself kits)
- Communication and coordination with state and local government and businesses related to used oil events and services
- Internships with used oil recycling businesses
- Collection, clean-up, sorting, storage, and transfer of beverage containers
- Communication and coordination with local and state government agencies, businesses, schools, multi-family complexes, and large venues to implement recycling programs and services
- Operation of a recycling center
- Outreach and education to the public about beverage container recycling at events
- Internships with beverage container recycling businesses.
For a list of eligible costs, see:
GrantWatch ID#: 144495
Newly certified corps or corps seeking to re-enter the program after one or more cycles of non-participation receive a reduced base allocation of $600,000 the first year, $700,000 the second year and $800,000 the third year.
The grant term is July 1, 2019 - June 30, 2021.
Eligible applicants are Local Conservation Corps (LCC) that are designated by a county to perform litter abatement, recycling and related activities and are certified by the California Conservation Corps (CCC) as meeting all criteria of Public Resources Code section 14507.5 (a) and (b). Applicants must be in good fiscal standing with CalRecycle.
For a list of ineligible costs, see:
Applications are due by April 30, 2019, 11:59 PM. Grants will be awarded in June.
Customer service is available until 4:00 PM on the deadline date.
The application is available in CalRecycle’s web-based Grants Management System (GMS). Access to GMS is secure; therefore you must have a CalRecycle WebPass in order to log into the system. Applicants who have not previously obtained a CalRecycle WebPass can create an account at: https://secure.calrecycle.ca.gov/WebPass/
An application was created for all certified corps so do not start a new application. After logging into GMS, locate the Local Conservation Corps Grant Program (RLC34: FY 2019–2021) found in the “My Active Grant Applications” box and click “Application.”
For information on the Grants Management System: https://www.calrecycle.ca.gov/Funding/GMS/
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: https://secure.calrecycle.ca.gov/Grants
If you are unable to access GMS or need assistance, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Jayme Tesser at (916) 341-6047.