Foundation / Corporation
Texas Digital Library (TDL)
Award to a Texas IHE for outstanding contributions to the advancement of digital libraries. The work being awarded may consist of unique use of technology, collaborations, advancement of digital standards, or creating an innovative workflow for projects.
The Excellence in Digital Libraries Award honors a specific project that demonstrates overall excellence in one or more areas of digital library practice.
Outstanding contributions may include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborative work on a digital library project
- Unique use or development of digital library technology
- Advancement of digital library standards (e.g., copyright, metadata, preservation)
- Creation of an innovative digital library collection or workflow for digital library projects
GrantWatch ID#: 144841
Nominations are open to Texas institutions of higher education, or groups or projects within a Texas institution of higher education, and can be in partnership with other organizations. Self-nominations are accepted.
You may nominate yourself or someone else for these awards.
Winners are selected by the TDL Awards Committee and are notified in early spring. Award recipients receive one complimentary registration per group/awardee for the Texas Conference on Digital Libraries in Austin, and are honored during a special awards session at the conference.
- Deadline for TDL Award Nominations: February 16, 2018.
- Notification to Awardees: April 2018
- Dates for the Texas Conference on Digital Libraries (TCDL), at which awards will be distributed: May 15-18, 2018
Note: Attendance at the conference is not required to receive an award.
More about the award: https://www.tdl.org/awards/excellence-award/
About supporting documentation: https://www.tdl.org/awards/supporting-documentation/