Foundation / Corporation
Texas Digital Library (TDL)
Award to a Texas individual graduate student or team for creative and successful efforts to build awareness of and reach new users for an organization's digital library. The outreach can include marketing campaigns, promotional events, and statistical analyses and surveys.
The Texas Digital Library Innovative Outreach Award will honor an individual or team that demonstrates a creative and successful approach to reaching new users and building awareness of an organization’s digital library.
Innovative outreach can include, but is not limited to, the following areas:
- Marketing and outreach campaigns that include print, electronic, social media and other forms of communication to promote a digital library, digital collection or project and build awareness among various types of users, including both viewers of and contributors to an institutional repository or digital collection
- Promotional events that showcase a digital library, collection or project to potential audiences and user groups
- Statistical analyses, surveys, and other types of documentation that illustrate outcomes, or ways in which digital libraries or collections are being used to enhance learning in the class room or change fields of study
- Inventive methods of creating support for a digital library effort within an organization that have led to heightened recognition and/or increased resources for the project or library
GrantWatch ID#: 144842
Nominations are open to an individual graduate student currently enrolled in a Texas higher education institution, pursuing a degree in any discipline. Self-nominations are accepted.
You may nominate yourself or someone else for these awards.
Winners are selected by the TDL Awards Committee and are notified in early spring. Award recipients receive one complimentary registration per group/awardee for the Texas Conference on Digital Libraries in Austin, and are honored during a special awards session at the conference.
- Deadline for TDL Award Nominations: February 16, 2018
- Notification to Awardees: April 2018
- Dates for the Texas Conference on Digital Libraries (TCDL), at which awards will be distributed: May 15-18, 2018
Note: Attendance at the conference is not required to receive an award.
More about the award: https://www.tdl.org/awards/innovative-outreach-award/
About supporting documentation: https://www.tdl.org/awards/supporting-documentation/